Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Hi Barry,

I'm so sorry to hear about Dave.
I knew that he had serious health issues, but it's still a shock to hear about his passing.

I quite liked Dave, he had a good sense of humor, and was not afraid to help others on the forum with advice.

The funny thing is, I never met Dave in person, even though I only live about 140 miles away in Canada. In this strange old modern online world, I never even knew Dave's last name! He was always ddd228 "Dave in Seattle. I keep LATE hours "

I suspect that you have not heard from a lot of people, simply because to everyone here he will always be ddd238, not because people don't care. I had to think two or three times before answering, in case it was the wrong Dave! However, I he was too good a friend for me to stay silent to avoid possible embarrassment. I just saw your forum name, davesbrotherbarry, and I didn't read your post title, sigh.

He was an integral part of this forum, and he really will be missed. Reading his posts was a sort of comfort thing to me. In a changing world, it's nice to know some things are always around.

My condolences to you.

Sincerely,

Dale
Supraz

Reactions: AJ, Tanya and Zoe

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Barry,

I'm so sorry to hear about Dave.
I knew that he had serious health issues, but it's still a shock to hear about his passing.

I quite liked Dave, he had a good sense of humor, and was not afraid to help others on the forum with advice.

The funny thing is, I never met Dave in person, even though I only live about 140 miles away in Canada. In this strange old modern online world, I never even knew Dave's last name! He was always ddd238 "Dave in Seattle. I keep LATE hours "

I suspect that you have not heard from a lot of people, simply because to everyone here he will always be ddd238, not because people don't care. I had to think two or three times before answering, in case it was the wrong Dave! However, I he was too good a friend for me to stay silent to avoid possible embarrassment. I just saw your forum name, davesbrotherbarry, and I didn't read your post title, sigh.

He was an integral part of this forum, and he really will be missed. Reading his posts was a sort of comfort thing to me. In a changing world, it's nice to know some things are always around.

My condolences to you.

Sincerely,

Dale
Supraz
Thank you, Dale. Yeah, he will be missed.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Hello Everyone,
This is Barry, Dave Cowger's brother.
Thank you for all your kind words about Dave. He will be missed.
My condolences Barry. Like Dale I did not know him personally, but he was a very friendly, funny and helpful member of this forum. I always enjoyed his posts.

All my best wishes to you and all the strength you need now.

Thank you for sharing the (sad) news with the forum community!

Zoe

1 - 8 of 8 Posts