Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Make sure you are doing this test with the engine off and key on. There should be battery voltage on one pin. It's a pull to ground on the opposite end.
I was doing it with the engine running. Ill do it again with the key in the on position. If its normal then i guess ill pop the valve covers off and update you guys.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
15,002 Posts
Wait a second... am i supposed to have 12+ volts from one of the two wires that go to the injector? Because if i ground my multimeter to the battery and connect the positive lead to the injector wire.... both of the injector wires show the same voltage (13.8). Could the positive be touching the ground somewhere in the harness causing both wires to shoe the same voltage?

Unless all 3 injectors on that circuit are unplugged, you will see voltage to both pins, series parallel circuit. Wiring seems fine. Id pull the valve covers and check the cam lobes as mentioned. Though usually if they are worn out that bad, the compression will be low. Maybe the exhaust lobe is bad not letting it leave the cylinder, but intake opens so you get full compression.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Ok so a follow up. The spark plug to the dead cylinder has oil on it and inside the cylinder as well. Heres a before and after of a dry slark plug after being put in the dead cylinder and being run for 2 minutes at 3k rpm. Remember, the cylinder still has 160 psi of compression. Ill be doing a leak down test this weekend hopefully.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Mystery solved: the mechanics over at the local Toyota dealership found a burned intake valve that was presumably causing the dead cylinder. I guess I'll be pulling the head off and sending it to a machine shop.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts