Year: 1981 Model: SUPRA VIN: JT2MA47L4B0005820
Sold.

Pictures:

Thanks for looking!
Bob

·
Registered
3,224 Posts
$750 current equivalent to US dollar, nice mkI...i guess u will sell it quickly !!!!

·
Registered
562 Posts
If it was closer and I had the money it would be MINE! Good luck with the sale Bob. I am already jealous of whoever buys it.

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Well today was great weather so I decided to track down the brake issue - turns out it needed master cylinder replacement - DONE. Pedal is now hard and high, so I took it up the road to make sure brakes, clutch and trans are good - CHECK. Steers nice. Needs a good long run but without plates I'm not about to do that. Doesn't seem to be much interest on this forum, so onto kijiji and craigslist she goes - at increased price of cdn$850. This car really does deserve to be restored and run. What's the problem?

Bob

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Bob - I don't get why this hasn't sold yet either. I bought a total sh1tbox last year for this money, and it had a bad motor, so I let it go for what I paid. If I didn't already have more cars than I can count, I'd grab it up.

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I don't understand it either. Are people just staying in bed all day? :ugh: Am I asking too little? Opportunity knocking .... nobody home?

Bob

·
Registered
472 Posts
if you could ship it down here to georgia i would buy it. but that would probably cost too much...

i already got 3 mkii's. might as well start with the mki's...lol

·
Registered
472 Posts
i looked at plane tickets and it would only cost like $200 bucks for me to fly there. but money is kinda tight right now. if you still have it around christmas i might have to see what i can do. no promises though...

but its a nice mk1.

·
Registered
49 Posts
MK1 for Sale

Bob,

You're really just asking for too little, IMHO. Truth be known, the economy is still in the toilet and people are trying hard to pay off debts and save money. Christmas sales are not helping the cause. Unfortunately, our government is doing very little to lead by example, but that is another topic. You have a fantastic looking car for its age and if you were selling it two years ago for twice the price people would be pushing hand over fist to buy it.
Ideally, I would hold on to it until the economy turns around and then ask a higher price. Right now it's a buyer's market (for those who have the cash) with so many nice old cars available for sale and no garages to store them. The "cash for clunkers" program nor our "housing market" scandle helped our economy and in fact are likely the very reason your car is not sold, yet. If you have the patience and the room, hold on to it. You've obviously done a good job keeping it looking sharp thus far. Otherwise, I wish you luck with the sale.
Best Regards,
David

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Just checked the data plate and it has the 3.7:1 limited slip differential (F303). Also 4 wheel disc brakes (don't know if that was an option or standard equipment). Please someone buy this car before I get too attached to it! :duh:
It's growing on me!

Bob

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
A day's drive takes care of that. Replaced the horns yesterday, so one little detail taken care of.

Bob

·
Registered
2,121 Posts
i really wish i coulda picked this one up. too bad i have too many cars i need to work on and not enough room or money for another one. i regret selling my MKI, one day ill get another one.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts