Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think a lot of auto crossers and drifters would like this section especially if it had experienced drivers show beginners how it's done and what to do and what not to do and what is needed to make your car into a auto cross machine.

James

·
Super Moderator
10,546 Posts
I think the media is pimping drifting enough these days, no need to inspire mk2 owners here to go out and smash their cars into cliffs. I used to think drifting was kind of cool, now its becoming so mainstream that its getting kind of annoying. I guess we could have a racing folder though, but we have so many already, doesn't really matter to me either way. But no drifting folder, that would just attract the wrong kind of crowd and give people the wrong kind of idea about this community. We're more into preserving mk2s then destroying them.

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
jsut rename kill stories to racing/kill stories. i don't even think we should have kill stories, as street racing is just plain fucking dangerous.

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
SupraFiend said:
I think the media is pimping drifting enough these days, no need to inspire mk2 owners here to go out and smash their cars into cliffs. I used to think drifting was kind of cool, now its becoming so mainstream that its getting kind of annoying. I guess we could have a racing folder though, but we have so many already, doesn't really matter to me either way. But no drifting folder, that would just attract the wrong kind of crowd and give people the wrong kind of idea about this community. We're more into preserving mk2s then destroying them.
Amen to that. I don't see a "drifting" section happening anytime soon.

As for autocrossing, there have been posts here and there about it. A lot of Mk2 owners are into it, and I think it's cool. There have been posts in the "General Chat" section. If the resident autocross guys would like a section, perhaps we'll look into doing that. Or perhaps a section for Auto-crossing and 1/4 mile racing - legitimate racing in a controlled environment, with the promotion of doing it safely.

But...the whole "Drift" thing - I don't think that's a direction we really want to head in with this forum. The whole "Fast & The Furious" thing has never been what this group is about, and I'd hate to see that start now.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
SupraRacer007 said:
SupraFiend said:
Amen to that. I don't see a "drifting" section happening anytime soon.

As for autocrossing, there have been posts here and there about it. A lot of Mk2 owners are into it, and I think it's cool. There have been posts in the "General Chat" section. If the resident autocross guys would like a section, perhaps we'll look into doing that. Or perhaps a section for Auto-crossing and 1/4 mile racing - legitimate racing in a controlled environment, with the promotion of doing it safely.

But...the whole "Drift" thing - I don't think that's a direction we really want to head in with this forum. The whole "Fast & The Furious" thing has never been what this group is about, and I'd hate to see that start now.
I like the quick responses that this site gives, that's definetly a plus and will keep me here a lot longer, like I've been going to i-supra.com and supraforums.com and their to slow with their responses. Anwyays I just through out the possibility of a drift section but I understand what you guys are talking about, however just a quick question are these cars good for drift? I'm not going to be using mine for drifting I'm going to be using mine for auto cross. Anyways I think if we do get a racing section going that would be cool. That way like I said the experienced racers can help out the noobies and give us tips and what not and what we should do to our cars. Great site btw.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts