Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering. It seems I'm the only one with a L-Type supra. Did all of the L-types come with auto trannies. I'm converting to a 5 speed. Is it alot better with a 5 speed?

·
Registered
9,445 Posts
Brian,

So far........................................ :p :roll:

Just about EVERY 84 - 85 L-Type that I've seen, has a Automagic tranny in it... Have yet to see a manual tranny.

However..... :shock:

I have seen a "mixture" of 82's & 83's that have either the Automagic, or the 5-speed manual. This is based on sightings over the past 5 years on visits to the junkyard & one running 83 L-Type 5-speed/Digital Dash/Trip Computer car that belongs to a MS techie/geek that I met about 4 years ago.

So it just depends on what year you have & how often you see them. The manual tranny L-Type's (here in the US) are around, but you don't see them very often.... Unless you happen to be me... 8)

·
Registered
251 Posts
L-type w/ manual tranny

Like Chris said, the 82-83 was a mix. I have an '83 L-type with the manual tranny. So, they're out there.
Brian

·
Registered
34 Posts
I've also got an '83 L-type with the 5-speed....

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
I also have an 83 L-type with 5 Speed tranny and it came with an LSD from the factory.

Mods include:
K&N filter in drilled airbox, intake resonator replaced with straight 3" pipe, AFM loosened 3 notches.
NGK plugs (one step colder), timing advanced to 14 degrees.
Brullen 2.25 inch mandrel bent stainless steel catback exhaust.
Eibachs/Tokicos at all 4 corners.
Brembo rotors and KVR carbon fiber brake pads at all 4 corners.
Fog lights rewired to come on with ignition.
Weight reduction: All A/C components removed from under the hood (40 lbs), spare out of the back (40 lbs) plus a few other odds and ends.
LJM front strut tower bar.
Custom made rear shock tower bar.
CT-26 Turbocharger will be added this summer. I'll be needing some new tires soon! ;-)

·
Registered
793 Posts
My 82 L is a 5 speed

1 - 6 of 6 Posts