Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my signature pic of my blown clutch.

This is what happens when you accidentally jam your transmission into 1st when you're doing 50+ - don't try this at home.

Car condition and mods: 1984 5MGE with K&N filter and half-cut filter box, blown-out muffler (too much pressure, even without a turbo???)

·
Registered
310 Posts
HOLLY COW SHIT!!! :shocked!:

·
Registered
16 Posts
so how does one "accidentally jam your transmission into 1st when you're doing 50+" if I may ask?

·
Registered
790 Posts
Yeah, but wouldn't that require a lot of force? Even when shifting fast, its pretty obvious when trying to shift into a gear the car doesn't want to be in

·
Registered
174 Posts
well, it's possible, obviously... I mean, look at that thing!

·
Super Moderator
8,413 Posts
Your lucky the clutch shattered. You would be replacing the motor if the clutch didn't let go.

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
HCogeHC said:
"You keep using that word.... I do no think it means what you think it means.." :wink:

That is definately one nasty looking clutch... Guess you'll shift a bit more carefully eh?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah, trying to shift to 3rd racing a Taurus between lights.

I know, I don't need to really try to beat a Taurus.

It made big grinding clunk and the clutch wouldn't come off the floor.

Got the new clutch in and notice that the line between 1st & 3rd is longer - you know how the stick swings side-to-side in Neutral? It now gets caught on the 1st gear line if I try to swing it a couple times and I have to pull it back a little to avoid the line (where lines are between the "H" in the shift pattern).

Anyway, is there a way to post big pics in messages?

·
Registered
211 Posts
Have you ever noticed the Img button when posting???

Also I think pics will take up bandwidth space so choose carefully.

·
Registered
7,111 Posts
Gee wilikers Batman!!!!! :lol:

DudeZXT
good thing it was your clutch and not your engine.
I almost did the same the other day. however I was in 3rd going to 4th but shifted into 2nd. But as soon as i heard the RPM's climb too fast I took it out in time :shock: My mods on my black supra: stock Holy muffler :angel: and Airfilter

·
Registered
7,111 Posts
Supra Bob said:
Zank..I hafta ask...

How do you confuse 3rd and 2nd? LOL!
actually i confused 2nd and 4th. I was in 3rd. I just pulled back on the shifter. Good thing it didnt go into reverse :shock:

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
That I can see... I must a mis-read that.. I thought you said you were in fourth going for third and ended in 2nd... Sorry :oops:

·
Registered
310 Posts
Supra Bob said:
HCogeHC said:
"You keep using that word.... I do no think it means what you think it means.." :wink:

That is definately one nasty looking clutch... Guess you'll shift a bit more carefully eh?
Lately ive been going through lots of stress (Finals, :bad-word: BHG on red mk2 blown tranny on blue mk2, bastereds at work misplaced my timesheet rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.). Anyways when in stress i revert to happy thoughts.LOL :lol: that a joke people.
also zank uses "Gee wilikers Batman!!!!!" so i thought id use "HOLLY COW SH!T!!! :shocked!: " lol :twisted: im sorry its amusing 2 me. I guess im still imature. :wink:

·
Registered
310 Posts
Supra Bob said:
LOL... relax.. I was teasing... Ever see the Movie Princess Bride?
Im not sweating it brow. Im just making a little light hummor. :D
Ive seen Princess Bride but im lost man im lost. HCogeHC having head spasms :microwave: + :crazyeye: = :scrambleup:

·
Registered
130 Posts
I wanna know how he got that avatar in there.

I seem to be missing a vital link to add mine in.

I want to make an avater out of my celica (in it's current condition)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts