Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Newbie here, Paul's my name, outa San Diego. Got a question since I don't know supras too well. (know the engines all to well however!) Bought a Black 84 for 150 bucks. Needs motor and some other work. (deck lid and tire well. etc...) any how, how can you ID a L type from a P type and whats better. It has the LSD (4.10 I think) , and a spoiler over the rear window if that helps. Also, can anyone recomend Eibach springs? Thinking about them but don't wanna screw up the geometry too much! Noticed it's really difficult to find wheels for this thing too.
Thanks
Paul

·
Super Moderator
7,300 Posts
Paul,

first and formost welcome...hope you enjoy your stay here. Second, to ensure you get the warm reception you deserve I highly recomend you use the search button.

The questions you are asking have been covered a few hundred times and it would be easy to find the answers to.

Remember: SEARCH IS YOUR FRIEND :bigok:

·
Registered
417 Posts
Yes plz use the search button. It will help you find all the info you need. One of the best ways to tell the difference in the P and the L types. Is to see if it has the fender flairs. The P types are the ones that have them. The P types are more performance. So they are the ones most people want. Eibach makes great springs. Unfortunately tell will throw the rear camber off on the suspension and there's no real fix for it. Yes it is hard to find wheels for the cars. Check the main website. In the FAQ's part it tellls what type of wheels are still available. Welcome to the board.

·
Registered
4,558 Posts
i know this has been posted before, but im bored and i was just thinking about it, so here goes.

P types have the large flares on the fenders, and a bit more sporty seats, and in the 84 model, they have more power than the L type.

L types sometimes lack the LSD rear, and seem (To me anyways) to have more luxury features... digital dash, trip computer, sunroof...

perhaps its just the examples that ive looked at.

·
Registered
4,558 Posts
lol, and your the one with two posts in this thread... until now, so if youll kindly stop making me be a post ho to refute your nonsensical statements...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts