Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I've got an 82 with the 85mph speedo and want to change it out with the 130mph digital speedo from the 84-86.5. Other than plugging it in and drving over 85mph how do you tell the difference betwee the two? I might have found a new one but don't know what year car it came from. Is there any other way to tell the difference? Since the new part is with Leslie in New Mexico and I'm in VA...I can't just plug it in. Anybody got any ideas? Brian

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
i've got an '84 digi dash if that deal falls through, but perhaps a picture of YOUR plugs, and a picture of the plugs on the 84 and up supra's would help you determine....

·
Registered
991 Posts
82Ltype said:
Ok, I've got an 82 with the 85mph speedo and want to change it out with the 130mph digital speedo from the 84-86.5. Other than plugging it in and drving over 85mph how do you tell the difference betwee the two? I might have found a new one but don't know what year car it came from. Is there any other way to tell the difference? Since the new part is with Leslie in New Mexico and I'm in VA...I can't just plug it in. Anybody got any ideas? Brian
Part numbers on the gauge cluster are:

83010-14751

457000-0940

Any one know what years used that part number?

Leslie

1 - 4 of 4 Posts