Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, apparently my car's previous owner believed it was amphibious. The rear diff was completely full of muddy water for 2 years, and according to Spence Weir, he's pretty sure the whole diff is junk now. After taking it on a very brief drive, it sounds like a rock crusher eating jet engines, in the back.

Anyone happen to have a 7.5" diff?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That sounds fun.
I want to hear an audio clip :)
lol You know what? I'll take it out for a spin again before we put the new one in! I was really impressed with the fact that even at full throttle on redline the diff was the loudest part of my drivetrain by far.

Good news though!! I think I found a new diff, with the correct 3.901 gears and everything! WOOHOO!

·
Registered
8 Posts
lol You know what? I'll take it out for a spin again before we put the new one in! I was really impressed with the fact that even at full throttle on redline the diff was the loudest part of my drivetrain by far.

Good news though!! I think I found a new diff, with the correct 3.901 gears and everything! WOOHOO!
Where did you find it ????I need one too I got 4.1 and it’s so noise, you’re a luke guys,,,!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I found a guy with a couple of junked Toyotas, and it just turned out he had a 5 speed Celica GTS rusting away, with a good rear end in it. I feel lucky, all right!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks, Silver! As it turns out, it IS an 85 GTS liftback 5 spd. I started out asking him about a Supra wreck he had, but the Celica he wasn't trying to sell was an even better match for me.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts