Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:? My digital speedo has a mind of it's own. Some times it works for weeks on end, but is just as likley to remain asleep for months. Does anyone know a possible fix or is it possible to replace the speedo unit and what is the availability?

·
Premium Member
1,361 Posts
Hey Jon,

Since you are in Darwin, the humidity may have played around with the grounding contacts of the car therefore you have poor power.

First is to check the ground cable from the battery to the body, see if there is any crap between the cable ring and the body. I had my Dash Cluster blacking out now and again but after I attached another wire from the negitive side of the battery to the body, I haven't had any trouble from the dash.

If that doesn't work, take out the dash cluster and check if all the cables are attached properly to the back of the cluster.

As for the avaliablity of a Dash Cluster in Australia are really rare, I am still trying to find parts for my car.

Hope that helps.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Yeah, I have a problem always in summer, on hot days...the Rev meter always goes funny...like it flickers all over the place...Is this because of the negative battery terminal...?

·
Registered
984 Posts
Digi clusters were a very popular option in Canada.
If and when I could get them for CAD 50.00 they could be at any International Australian aiport for CAD 250.00
Upon arrival you would have to pay the airlines terminal fees ( in Canada 25.00 ), clear in through customs ( a cake walk...sometimes eh Karaki ?)
and its yours. Its a bit more of a PITA than FEDEX or DHL but for sure a steaming crap load cheaper.
DJ

·
Registered
3,433 Posts
:bitchsla: thats why i dont' have digi dash's, i refuse, i had a chance to purchase a cressida with a digi dash and didn't just because of that...lol good luck man

·
Registered
147 Posts
Well, mine works fine throughout the rest of the year...it's just on hot days the rev meter goes wild...so it's obviously something to do with the heat messing things up rather than it being totally faulty. Something probably needs to be cleaned...I just haven't taken it apart because it's not something that needs attention to be honest.

Apart from that, it's perfect. I'm actually amazed at how flawless it works given it's 20 years old. Analog display's have their fair share of problems as well...like the needles just decide to stop working...a friend of mine had that problem with his fuel needle...lol...had to guess when the car was low on fuel...eep!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts