Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

dirty pigs

3K views 32 replies 19 participants last post by  KesekiSupra 
#1 ·
i hate cops, i mean dammit, they had to make my day from bad to worse.

i just got out from FAILING my smog when no less than a block down does a cop pull me over for doing 70...yea i know 70 is breaking the law but THE PRINCIPAL. lol i dunno, i just hate it how they ruined me day. the cop was all like "sorry but gotta do wat u gotta do" he had the nerve to show me the radar as if i thot he was lying. i know how fast i was going dammit, i was going even faster than 70 i was hitting 90 but slammed my brakes right before i hit the laser. hopefully they send me the ticket i pay and thats that, i dont wanna miss work and school for fagget court.

#3 ·
i heard if i goto court and the cop that ticketed me isnt there i get off scott free.....rumor or true? any advice people?

#4 ·
its true, but if he is they are gonna be on his side about it. If I were you I would go to court and plea "no contest." the price will be dropped a bit and you can ask the judge to go to traffic school. HTH's

#5 ·
In theory: If the officer that ticketed you does not appear in court, you can ask for a dismissal. This does not always work. If the judge is in a really good mood, he/she can make you go to a drivers ed. refresher class, bring back your certificate of completion & promise to stay out of trouble for a few months, then the ticket will go away.. That's 1 possible scenario....

Worse that can happen now, is if the officer shows up in court... And since he showed you the reading on the laser gun... :oops: :oops:

#6 ·
aaaaaGGGG

i know what you mean...
i went to the registry/dmv today to change the plates over from the sup to my truck.
my visa crapped for some reason, think the payment hadnt gone through yet, even tho its supposed to be instant.

anyways, i go to work, and im driving home, safely at the speed limit and this cop rips through traffic, almost causing an accident, then hits the lights.
so, i pull around the corner and wait for them, and they approach like im some super villian with a death ray in the truck bed.
i explain what happened and give them my papers.
they make me wait 25 minutes, then come back with not one, but two tickets, $230 each.
unregistered vehicle, and unauthorized license plate.
$460 dollars, due on (the kicker folks) december 16th....
merry fuckin christmas barry

oh well... thats the way of things i guess.

gonna go see the justice of the peace and ask him what my options are.
right after i ask my cop friends if they can make one or both of them disappear.

:pray: :pray: :pray: :pray:

even if i have to pay one of them.... oh well.

#7 ·
I got news for ya pal, they are required to come to court now, as they get subpoenas to show up on your court date, especially if its a CHP! No more freebies because the cop didn't show up!
Oh yeah, and even if you plead no contest, in SoCal the fines are set and cannot be changed! I tried this with a ticket last year for not yielding for a stop sign and the judge said same cost as guilty...
Sucks, don't it???

And don't wait till your "court date" either! I ended up waiting for that day, took off work and got all dressed up, only to stand in fawkin' line to either pay the fine or schedule a court appearance! You don't even go to court on your date anymore! You go directly to a godamned window with some piece-o-shit dumb ass that doesn't know how to run her computer! It took this bitch 10 minutes to schedule me a court date and issue the subpoena for the prick!
---waiting patiently for my court date. I'm either gettin' off or goin' to jail for contempt! Already got my $12,000.00 from savings waiting to bail me out. No fawkin' cop is gonna pull me over 3 times for stupid shit like "66 in a 65", and "following 2 carlengths instead of 3"!!!

Okay, time for me to go now. Need to calm down...

#12 ·
god dammit, i heard HEARD, i can call up the station and ask when the cops day off is....then try to schedule my court date for that day and he might not show up since it IS his day off and im off scott free...either that or try to schedule my court date for the exact time sumone else he gave a ticket to is on....50/50 chance rofl.

#13 ·
Well.... I just got done looking into this same topic, my wife got a speeding ticket, we were trying to figure out how to get away with the lease cost to us, we wound up just paying it and going to traffic school (safest way to go if you want it off your record) If he's CHP he WILL show up in court, so in that case you are screwed, if he's Police then you MAY have a chance (a very small one). There is however another way to go about this, you can go to court by mail, you send in a form giving your side of the story or why you should get off, the officer then has to write up his side and it is sent to a judge, In California they dont pay the officer for thier time writing this report like they do for appearing in court, and I have heard that your chances are high that he wont write a rebuttle (spelling?). But that still isnt a 100% (it might not even be 75%)

Anyway, just sharing what I have found out, I do know, however how to get out of a stoplight camera ticket hands down if anyone needs that info :lol:

#15 ·
Let me see if I have this right,...
You were in a business district having just pulled out of the inspection shop. So the speed limit was 20? 25? 35? 45 maybe??
You accelerated to 90 mph in the space of a block.
You saw the cop and slammed the brakes to 70 mph and got a speeding ticket for 70 in a.... 25-35mph zone??

You're lucky you weren't given a ticket for careless or reckless driving.

Bummer about failing the smog test but,...
Sorry, no sympathy for the ticket. Be glad you have your license and your car!
jmho,
Jamie

#17 ·
im not sure if i was doing 90 and i didnt slam slam on them, or else i wulda been caught at a much slower speed, i knew if i slammed on them theyd give me another ticket, and the limit was 40mph. so yea, it was a moto cop. pesky bastards, i guess ill just pay the ticket asap and do my traffic school. i just love the way the cop smiled as he pulled me over.

then again last night i was going to get sum burritos from los sanchez in whittier, and a freaking eclipse guns it.. so im like watever ill just let him hear my engine, so i drive my 2nd gear to like 5k rpm and at that point in doing 50 and not any faster than the truck next to me and outa no where sumone jumps behind me close as hell and i cant see so i give it gas to move and its a cop that floors it past me, i wonder if he was writing down my license number or sumthing, all i know is that if i get another ticket ima be royally pissed i wasnt even speeding. plus that other ecplise was hauling ass and the cop didnt flash me, he was just riding on my ass maybe to pass the truck? hope so

#18 ·
The maximum allowed driving speed in norway is 90 km/h on the best roads (55 mph?). If you break that limit with 35 km/h you get a $1000 fine. Over 35 km/h you loose your driving license. :(

#20 ·
Actually, my last 2 were because the speedo was miscalibrated; they shop changed diffs on me, and didn't adjust it. I found this out when pulled over for doing 71 in a 55. Took it to a local shop, and they didn't find anything (so the ticket stuck). 3 months later, same thing (73 in a 55). I even had a witness to the speedo reading on that one, but since it had happened before, I "should have know how much it was off" despite the fact that the shop told me it was fine?!?! Anyway, long story short, figured out what it was, fixed it, and to tickets since, but still, proof not all speeding tickets are due to deliberate speeding (of course, I am guilty of that on occasion too, and haven't ever been duely ticket, so I should stop whining)

#24 ·
I figure if you cant beat em join em. That's why I got into law enforcement after I retired from the military. Most cops believe in "professional courtesy" and if you get pulled over you just badge em and be on your way.
So hard to keep a Supra under 85 on I-94! :wink:

#25 ·
yeah cops aren't cool, i was driving my fathers 1984 oldmobile last year and the speedo was off 15 due to the larger tires he installed, my first ticket i got 80 in a 65 on memorial day, didn't think i was speeding, but i was like ok, i go fast soo i accepted it, then the same thing happened on labor day, got another for 80 in a 65 paid it again thinking it must be me, then was driving with a friend and he asked me what my big hurry was, sure enough the car was off 15,.....lol i was pissed...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.