Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have pics of their rear bars? Getting ready to make one, and I have a good idea of what I have planned, and I just wanna be sure I am on the right track...

·
Registered
1,619 Posts

Constructed of 3/4" EMT(Electrical Metallic Tubing).. Bought a 10 foot section, I could make multiple bars with.. Mine is actually bolted to the seat latches, as my sub box was in the way ot the two strut towers, i've been told it's just as strong...

-Andrew

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Any chance of getting a pic of how it actually bolts up on the edge? I was thinking of putting it in the same spot...

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
Just hammer the crap out of the ends, so it's reasonably flat, then drill a hole, heres my cheezy paint interpretation of what I did..

If you plan on attaching it the same way, make sure to offset the hole to fit the seat brackets, they should be slightly towards the front of the car. You'll see..

The finish is a roll bar spray paint...

-Andrew

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
K... that answers the question.. Thanks! Was wondering if you use 2 bolts per side or one...

:D

·
Super Moderator
8,413 Posts
Here's mine;

http://www.pbase.com/image/15099140/large

Still a WIP. It needs a lot more polishing, still a little hazy (no as bad as the photo looks though). Its just 1 x 2 x .125 wall 6061 tubing with the proper holes milled through to drop a M6x20mm SHCS though.

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
Sweet looking bar!

will

·
Registered
3,291 Posts
Hi guys. I'm working on a rear bar as well. I decided to go with a bar that is one piece, and does bolt up to the seat latch area, with plates skinny enough so you can retain use of the latch mechanism. I've currently got an order for the mounting plates to be laser cut, and will be selling these shortly. I didn't know there was any interested for bolting these to the seat latch area, until I read this post today, August 9th. I'll learn to pay attention one day! Catch you later folks.
-Aaron

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Shoot us some pics and prices when you get em!!!

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
I'm also working on a bar for the back. I bought a bar from ebay for about 20 bucks. They have a large number of bars from 12.99 on up. You just need the right size bar, about 43 inches. My mechanic and are are working on a weld in or bolt in solution for mounting. I'll take as many pictures as I can and keep everyone informed.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts