Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

Do any stock Brembo calipers off different cars fit MK2's?

6K views 17 replies 10 participants last post by  Styles 
#1 ·
I saw a thread were someone posted Brembo calipers off a Hyundai Genesis and them saw other cars like Dodge challenger Ford Focus have them too, is there any cars that fit our or with slight mods made to fit?

#2 ·
(Quick note - you might want to spend a few minutes with the search feature. Imagine this room as a library, books all around and a couple hundred people standing in the middle. ...wouldn't you think it makes sense to take a peek in the 'brakes' section before walking into the middle of the room and shouting "HEY, CAN ANYONE ANSWER A RANDOM QUESTION?!?!)

Search Terms: Q45 / Aluminum 300zx / BBK

What's the budget and what sort of use-case are you looking for?

--billyM

#3 ·
I try looking through some stuff but links on stuff don't work as are pretty old and I figured id ask if there was anything more recent that ppl have figured out, Sorry if I am being annoying but im trying to learn, I don't really have a budget was curious if there was something of a stock car that maybe I could grab that can be made to work, as something with in the last 10 years ppl part out so im sure I can find,

#4 ·
The "search" function here can be a bit frustrating at times.

There are big brakes from other cars that can be adapted to our cars, but you'll have to sift through the "Brakes" section to find what works "best" and "easiest" for you.

Z-car brakes and Mazda brakes come to mind. Some are easier than others to fit, but they all require some modification.

I've never done this, so your on your own, but from reading the threads it doesn't look too difficult.

- Jim

#5 ·
Technically almost any caliper will fit if you make an adapter bracket. However based on your other posts if youre sticking with the stock wheels you don't have many choices.

#7 ·
Your only option for bigger brakes is the following:

Caliper / Bracket / Rotor from a 86-88 Cressida Sedan

You will need to grind the holy shit out of the outer (radially) face of the caliper to make them fit the stock wheels but they DO fit.

(Also, seriously... if you don't put your budget/goals/situation in these sorts of posts, people will be FAR less likely to help you.)

-billyM

#8 ·
The Cressida with larger caliper and rotor is 1987-1988.

I changed the front brakes in my 1986 Cressida to 1988 version and had to put spacers on the stock 14" wheels as well as grind down the larger caliper. The calipers would probably clear with 15" or larger wheels.
The difference in stopping power is just slightly better. It would improve more if I installed a larger MC and had wider tires.

Auto part Exhaust manifold Automotive exhaust
Auto part
Disc brake Auto part Vehicle brake Brake Rotor

#15 ·
THIS. best $'s : improvement ratio.

will

#13 ·
Check out this thread regarding the z32 brake upgrade.

There's also a big brake kit for the front sold by Techno Toy Tuning for $995 here.

You'd probably need at least 16" wheels to make them fit. If the brand not being Brembo isn't a huge concern, they both seem like decent options to try. Also, you could probably get z32 Brembo calipers instead of stock z32 calipers.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.