Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have an 86 5mge mk2, i am building a 7mgte, do i need to buy a 7m wiring harness or will my 5m wiring harness work and just buy a 7mgte ecu?? :32: plz help!!!

·
Registered
166 Posts
just to warn you your gonna get yelled at search and then search and then search again to put it simply yes you do need a 7mgte wiring harness

sorry im really trying to be nice...

-Justin-

·
Registered
5,448 Posts
Since the 5M harness and the 7M harness are COMPLETELY DIFFERENT, have fun trying to use a 5M harness for a 7M.:SM130 (1):

·
Registered
887 Posts
Another option and much cheaper. Get a 2M harness and add it to the 5M. The important thing is that there are at least 7 M plugs.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well Soooooorrrrrrryyyyyyy Damn!!! I Been Looking For Info Forever Now I Just Need More. Guess Yall Dont Want To Be Helpful.!!!!!:mfinger:

·
Registered
3,081 Posts
Ok, First of all, Tell up what you have. We can then tell you what you need as Ive built and done Quite a few of these swaps and there are a few others that have also.

What Year 7MGTE do you have.... Makes a Difference.
5M harness.... Sell it, Wont do you any good at all on this swap
fuel...... Stay away from Walboro Pumps.... Personnel Preference
Conversion Harness.... Let me know and I will see what I can do fro you
Tach Adapter..... Have you bought one yet as you will need it
Better Clutch...... You can use the Tranny from the 5M but ifs its a 5 Speed, Plan on upgradng the clutch.

Just a few things, I will await your reply.... Not trying to be a ass Brotha, This has been covered way to much and Documented several times.

Try this.....http://www.celicasupra.com/7mgte/Intro.html

·
Premium Member
6,112 Posts
Just a few things, I will await your reply.... Not trying to be a ass Brotha, This has been covered way to much and Documented several times.
Troof. I wish the info in this forum had been around earlier, I woulda saved a bunch of time and energy during research phase of my swap.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
OK, this guy gave me this 7m he said it is a 87 block, i just bought a head, valve covers, new crank, and rods. the rod berings on 2 & 3 went down, i got the head, valve covers, and rods from some members on here,they are still in transit. i have a 86 5mge i was going to change that motor to a 7mgte once i get the money, after this swap. so i will have a back up ha. but i need alot of stuff. i have not got a tach adapter, or anything electical for this engine as of yet. any help on that part will be very appreciated!! i have a 5 speed and yes it needs a better clutch anyway, my uncle who was the previous owner put weaker springs in it or somethin b/c he never raced it he just used it as a easy daily driver , he drove it in Georgia, but i dont have much cash on me right yet. I AM TRYING TO SELL MY 01 MERCURY COUGAR, ITS ALL TRICKED OUT. BODY KIT, NEON, EXHAUST, all kinds of stuff!! Check it out here> http://www.mercurycougar.net/gallery/showgallery.php/cat/500/ppuser/6433 but if i sell this car i will be set up and ready for the build!!! b/c i will have some GREEN!!:naughty:

·
Registered
906 Posts
Did by FUCKING CHANCE ---- read the FUCKING 1ST GOD DAMNED POST, AT THE TOP, OF THIS VERY PAGE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://forums.celicasupra.com/showthread.php?t=12701

THE parts list, for the most part, has been posted for SEVERAL GOD DAMNED YEARS !!!

Fucking noobs --- this is REQUIRED READING, before you ask a STUPID FUCKING QUESTUION !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Did by FUCKING CHANCE ---- read the FUCKING 1ST GOD DAMNED POST, AT THE TOP, OF THIS VERY PAGE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://forums.celicasupra.com/showthread.php?t=12701

THE parts list, for the most part, has been posted for SEVERAL GOD DAMNED YEARS !!!

Fucking noobs --- this is REQUIRED READING, before you ask a STUPID FUCKING QUESTUION !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Chill out dude. Everyone makes a mistake. As long as it doesnt happen repeatedly.

·
Registered
906 Posts
Chill out dude. Everyone makes a mistake. As long as it doesnt happen repeatedly.

Chill out ? Bite me :) We've met, you know I'm not "that bad" ...

That said ... F'n NOOOOOOOOOOOB, already got pissy, when he was told to search,etc.

I spent several hours, typing, and xexpalining, as have several others ... for FUCKING WAHT ??? So guys can IGNORE what's been poe\sted, and the get PISSED, because WE, won't do the work over for them ? When it's already at their finger tips .... Bullshit ... he got what he deserved, and I'll do again, to the next DUMBASS, that refuse to spend a few minutes trying to get answers.

Either that, or have the Admins IP ban me ...., permanately :naughty: Break my Fucking heart :zzzzz:

·
Registered
5,448 Posts
He has a good reason to be upset, he is the one that done a very large part of the research, created a thread for it, and it became a sticky since it has pretty much all the info someone could possibly need.

The we flash forward a few years and instead of reading the stickies and spending about a good full week to get a good idea on what needs done and what is required, we get someone who thinks they can take a "shortcut" and ask questions that have been covered so many times that even I know how to do a 7M swap and I have never actually done one before (because I know how to read).

It is VERY!!!!! frustrating when some of us have taken the time to type up a post that documents how to do something, and then someone feels that they are so special that they do not have to search/read it and just ask a question that they could have found on their own, figuratively slapping us in the face for the work we have done for the forum and anyone looking for information. Guess what, if someone slapped someone in the face in person, they should expect that something is coming back their way too.

·
Registered
906 Posts
Naw, Junkieis fine, and I'll answer to the handle, just not use the account, unless needed/warranted... probably should have logged onto that account last night to rant.

Now, Chris, has it down ....

For those of you, who think I was wrong, with my buzzed antics ....

Why do we have stickies, FAQ's, if they don't get used ? If they aren't going to be read, why not - unsticky - and while we are at it, delete ALL the FAQ's ? Then, kill the search function. Doesn't seem to get used anyway ....

I know that last paragraph, is the extreme, but, makes you think, and get the point of my Blasting, those that don't use the TOOLS, we have GIVEN them. YES, GIVEN, of our own free will, at the expense of time we could use, to reseach our own project, interact with others, etc.

I stay away from CS more and more, because of this. I personaly, have answered many of these questions, time and time again, and often been flat out ignored, only to have the OP I helped, whine, because he/she didn't listen to what they were told.

New People ---- Take a look around. You'll see, not often do the "OLD" guys post help anymore. Ask yourself --- WHY is this ? Answer : We've already typed it several times, and done the work for you --- several times --- It gets old, and to be honest, the latest batch of you "last 3-9 months" are NOT, doing your research, before blowing in like a bull in a china shop.

·
Premium Member
5,559 Posts
Well Soooooorrrrrrryyyyyyy Damn!!! I Been Looking For Info Forever
Since October 2009

Everything you need is already written down in this forum - read up and read again then ask your questions. Search is getting to be a pain because threads like this one you started here keep popping up now.

lose the attitude.

·
BIG BOSS HOSS
4,460 Posts
I Been Looking For Info Forever Now I Just Need More. Guess Yall Dont Want To Be Helpful.!!!!!:mfinger:
C'mon man, that's total BS.. Here's what we had in 1997(when I found it) for 7mgte swap info http://suprasonic.org/gtestory/ . It would have taken 5 seconds on google to find! Between on line and printed out, have read it ~25 times before swapping in 2000. In the end it helped but Don/Nix99 had a coversion kit I bought.

Or a "newer" artical:

2001-ish: http://www.celicasupra.com/7mgte/

They're old aritcals, but when read over and over, you will appreciate a 7m swapped Mk2 10x more.

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
sweet. the 'INSTANT GRATIFICATION GENERATION ' Strikes again and shows how kids these days dont want to do anything and expect everything to be given to them on a silver platter.!!!! i was born, and i deserve everything forever! even if i wont do an ounce of work , i want everything you have worked your whole life for right now , give it to me.

To each thier own but .... i really hope you don't destroy a good mkII by doing what was done to this MERC you own.http://www.mercurycougar.net/gallery/showgallery.php/cat/500/ppuser/6433 that is "in my eyes" one fugly vehicle! you couldnt have done worse if you wiped your ass on it. yuk!

sweet!

PS. nice new tag shawn. i havent been on in a while....

1 - 20 of 25 Posts