Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Considering offering the DIY pre-bent mandrel kits in 2.5 or 3". I see there is the Rabid Chimp offering and a previous group buy. Is that enough, or do we need more?

DIY Kit includes:

2 pre-bent exhaust pieces
3 flanges
4 hangers
gaskets
bolts/hardware

You weld up at your favorite shop. The piping is extra long at the front for different cat options.

Costs:

$200 shipped steel 3"
$250 shipped stainless steel 3"

$200 shipped stainless steel 2.5"
$150 shipped steel 2.5"

Please be honest, if you honestly think we are covered then let me know. I will be investing money into it based on the results of this thread. I have to buy 10 units myself.

·
Premium Member
7,703 Posts
Robert for myself I went with Brullen because I dont have the time to do a DIY kit, I need bolt-on direct replacement.

How about a clamp together option for the DIY crowd???

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'd rather sell DIY kits as I've found that welding the kits myself is quite a bit of labor unless I can make myself a JIG, which would be pretty big.

Why did you go with Brullen over Rabid? Just curious.

·
Premium Member
7,703 Posts
Robert at the time Rabid didn't have muffler options that I was interested in, I only wanted strictly bolt on ( at home in my garage ) :wink:

I really really like the magnaflow muffler with the twin tips but didnt and dont have the time to take it to a muffler shop.

Arch

SlimFastSupra said:
I'd rather sell DIY kits as I've found that welding the kits myself is quite a bit of labor unless I can make myself a JIG, which would be pretty big.

Why did you go with Brullen over Rabid? Just curious.

·
Premium Member
7,703 Posts
RP, sorry I wasnt clear, what I meant if I went Chimpy, would of used Magnaflow.

SlimFastSupra said:
I would take that to mean that the Brullen uses Magnaflow mufflers? What did that run you?

·
Registered
9,445 Posts
Brullen does not use Magnaflow's for their mufflers. I believe the muffler is their own in-house design.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
This was something that Jim King talked about doing over a year ago, but has gotten buried under the BBK's, RCA's, Short throw shifters, etc.

I think your pricing is decent for SS. A good option for DIY'ers. I was going to go the JK route, but it never transpired. I finally broke down and bought the Brullen. My reasons for buying the Brullen were two fold, it was a complete SS exhaust, not aluminized, and it had a resonator to quiet it down. However, it was a quite a bit more expensive than the Chimpy.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I dunno....$150 shipped for 2.5 sounds like a good deal....hmmm so you have the ability to mandrel bend 3 inch pipe? why not make up a batch of intake pipes? then again you have to weld in the barbs for the hose's and probably source some connecters, etc.....dunno if it can be done for much less then what is already offered....

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I can do a 3" intake pipe. It is not in my favor to do so. To do any mandrel work I have to purchase 10 units up front. Given the success of the Chimp intake pipe I don't see too many people interested in buying the same thing from someone else.

I will offer a shorty intake pipe though, for those on a budget, very soon.

From what I'm seeing everybody who wanted a catback bought Brullen and everyone who wants a catback will be making their own. The chimp piping only catback is $225 but I haven't heard of many people buying them?

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Is there anyone out there that can test out a 2.5" kit for me? You must be able to cut and weld and you must install everything ASAP. I will give you free shipping.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts