Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
LOL...this should be fun !! post here instead of the for sale section...

A True one owner low mileage 1983 Supra from New Mexico

Had the car checked out by Jake, wow....called the PO @ 2:00 ish, PM'd Jake for a look, he was at the car taking a peak 10 minutes later with a full detailed report. PO's comments, "that guy knows his stuff about supra's, but for some reason he was driving some Subaru UTE"...:zzzzz: is that a Sub Brat ??? awesome !!

Bought a plane ticket for $32.00 into ABQ, PO is meeting me at the airport with the supra !!

Hope to meet up with ABQMK2 (jake) that evening before hitting the road home to N. Colorado.

·
Registered
4,517 Posts
I'm looking forward to the photos, but not as much as that poor car is looking forward to a coat of wax!

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Yes...can't go wrong with that price,,,,fingers crossed !!
your plane ticket was just 32 dollars????

Un wrapped my 82, just to drive a 5M before picking up the new one, man are they SLOW. (JK).!! been a while !!

thought I would snap a shot of the interior:

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
This looks promising:...........I always like a good adventure. did a lot of snow driving in Europe while living there:thumbsup: front wheel drive: 30 mph/E-Brake/turn wheel hard left/180/turn wheel hard right while at the same time hitting reverse/360 back in drive....:eek4dance: All with the Australian National ski team freaking out in the back of the van :zzzzz:

Snow Likely
Snow High
33° F
Precip: 90%
Cloudy with snow. Cold. Temps nearly steady in the low to mid 30s. Winds N at 10 to 20 mph. Chance of snow 90%. Snow accumulating 6 to 14 inches.

·
Registered
4,517 Posts
Make sure you've got good tires or good chains! Don't risk tossing it into a ditch just because you want to get it home. You might want to consider renting a truck and dolly and towing it home!

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Make sure you've got good tires or good chains! Don't risk tossing it into a ditch just because you want to get it home. You might want to consider renting a truck and dolly and towing it home!
Jeff.....thanks, home safe and sound:

·
Registered
2,348 Posts

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ha...funny you should ask,,,,auto zone, I bought 10 of them just in case they quit producing

·
Registered
4,517 Posts
Sorry, like a guy in Wisconsin should be telling a guy in Colorado about the hazards of driving a rear wheel drive car with summer tires in snow LOL. What was I thinking?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts