Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've decided to put my 1985 Celica Supra for sale. This car has sat in a drive way for nearly 25 years. Yes we are talking a sun baked time machine. The car has an original 7337. This mileage is documented and proven by the last smog service record from 1999. As well as it's history report in which registration was attempted in 2001 but not finalized. How ever the smog documents from 1999 implicate she passed with flying colors. Yes I realized this sounds like bs but after investigating I noticed there's almost no wear on the rubber coating on the throttle clutch and brake pedals. The spark plugs wires are the originals with 1984 dated on each one, and amazingly they have the gummy new feeling. It had the original tires but due to the dry rot I replaced them with some shop spares. The hatch interior had a faint but like new smell. Ave the owners I purchased her from are the original buyers. I finally aquired this flawed but gorgeous vehicle after a 10 year pursuit. Which started when I attended a local community college in 2009 right after being out of the military. After finally being it's new owner I invested in a parts car as it was in need of a few things. Due to its long endured slumber I replaced the fuel tank, pump, fuel lines as well as all the gaskets from intake/head junction of the manifold up to throttle body. Finally after some timing adjustments and fresh fuel. She fired up and purred like the lioness she is. I added 3 miles to the original 7334 documented miles. It was at this point I got a over whelming gas smell. Come to find out my helper over tightened the fuel rail and the mount tab broke around the bolt and cracked the mount hole itself between cylinder 2 and 3. After tearing it all apart and fixing the mount and extracting the bolt I started to put it back together only to have a family emergency develop and pull my un divided attention away from this gem. That was back in 2019. I have since reinstalled all parts and put new vacuume lines as well as fuel lines in the vehicle. I've got it tdc and currently in my middle of getting it times and ready to fire. But with my new job and possibility of have to relocate I've got to say good bye to a few projects. Do it's with my beloved Supra or my bmw 633csi that I've listed as well. I will provide ever detail I can think of below any questions please feel free to get in touch.
Interior
Well if your of any experience in the car restoration business you know the critical effects of over exposure to the sun. With that said her interior is in bad shape. The black blue interior that was all the hype in the 80s is rough.The dash has multiple cracks. The driver and passenger seats where perfectly intact until I sat inside to start the cleaning process my unforgivable mistake shredded the drivers and cracked the passengers pretty bad. The rear side panels fairly decent lil to no cracks however the tops of the rear seat are cracked up as well. The hatch area looks like it's never been used with the wooden deck under the carpet looking like it did in 1985. And the pull out shade screen had been extended out the entire time if it's slumber it's functionality is there but it's integrity has deminished. Personal I put the interior at a 5/10.
Exterior-
The beautiful gloss white paint is in great condition with a few blemishes here or there. After a days worth work of paint corrections and buffing her exterior coat is close to flawless. The major flaws to note would be the side molding on the drivers and passengers door. In a few of the pics posted you will notate the drivers fender flares damage. I've since not only replaced the flare I've also color matched it. I've also popped out the dent in the drivers rear quarter panel also noticable in some of the older pics posted. There's a few areas with very minor surface rust. But after a in depth detail and cleaning most of it has is no longer present. The underside of the car is immaculate looking as if it had barely seen any time on the black top. With that said I put the exterior at 8/10 in my opinion.
With all the dirty laundry put out there I ask that you kindly keep you negative comments to your self. I ask that if your not truly interested in purchasing the vehicle move along. I've been watching the market int the mk2s and there recent sales. My asking price it's set based off of recent sales and this particular vehicles low milage and attributes. I doubt theres any other mk2 Supra out there with under 7500 miles. I feel $10,000 for a car that could be worth 3x to 4xs that with minimal effort is a fair value. But with current economic stresses im posting it for $8500. No low ballers need inquire. Don't waste my time I won't waste yours. Vehicle is located in northern California. More pics available at the linked album below. If your interested contact me at 916-298-1467 between 8am and 8pm if I don't answer text. https://photos.app.goo.gl/kqb5iRdHKRSuSbip9

·
Registered
1983 Red Mk2 M/T 7MGTE Swap, Bone stock M/T Black Mk2 1984, 1989 Red Mk3 A/T Turbo
145 Posts
8500 is a steal I wish you weren't so far away!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks you I really hate to see it go. But with my current predicament I've gotta let somethings go. Unless the shop I'm attempting to open up is a success then Il have storage for the Supra and big body

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
For got to add supra comes with a bunch of extra parts kept from the parts car. Stuff like throttle body smog canister, complete upper intake wiper arm assembly windshield wiper motor a/c pump door handles and lots more.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts