1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
839 Posts
LOL! That was good.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
I watch it as much as I can and also purchase the seasons through Itunes. Their challenges have made even my parents watch because of how ridiculous or cool they are.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Did anyone see the episode where they put a zo6 vette against a small low horse power car and ran them through the mall? Best episode i have ever seen.

·
Founding Member
6,525 Posts
My favorite has got to be when they launched a Reliant Robin. I get a kick out of their automotive challenges too. "Buy a car for less than $X and drive across Africa" or "can you really buy an italian supercar for less than $X? or "build an X within a budget of Y?" They usually end unsuccessfully, but with spectacular hilarity. We had a thread on here a while ago about a method to paint your car for $50. I think they could make a good episode out of that one. Each paint a car and try to win a car show trophy in the end. If it works at all, Captain Slow might be able to pull it off, but Jeremy and Richard don't have the patience.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Great show!!! My fav is the African desert crossing episode. I really like the Vietnam scooter episode. I would like to plan a trip like this for adventurist travelers. Scooter by day and messages and a nice place to stay by night.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
top gear, my classic car, chop cut rebuild, overhaulin, car crazy. oh and sunday morning mass with the power block on spike tv.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Of course, it's the only show I watch. Been watching since 2002-2003ish. I've even seen some of the early 90's episodes when Top Gear was a totally different format. Jeremy looked ridiculous back then. Can't wait for the new episodes to start next week.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Did anyone see the episode where they put a zo6 vette against a small low horse power car and ran them through the mall? Best episode i have ever seen.
Was it the Ford Fiesta? That was the one where Jeremy drives it off the landing craft in a beach assault with the Military. "Hey Look at that, you can fit grenades in the cup holders!"

·
Registered
4,517 Posts
Yep. great show. My son and I still laugh every time we see the show with Jeremy in the Ariel Atom...

·
Registered
438 Posts
The Show I don't get is with the goof ball that buys a beater and had his mechanic work like a dog to fix it up and then sell it for the cost of the car and parts.

·
Registered
8,519 Posts
The real crime is that Clarkson and Hammond get paid for this stuff.

I guarrantee any one of us wld do it for free... hell I might even pay for the opportunity to do the stuff they do.

The Show I don't get is with the goof ball that buys a beater and had his mechanic work like a dog to fix it up and then sell it for the cost of the car and parts.
LMAO... Wheeler Dealers... I totally agree.

Poor Edd China dsnt even get to drive the stuff he fixes.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
heck i would even work for duane, on boyde coddingtons, american hotrod. now that guy was a ass under stress, but i understand the pressure of deadlines.

·
Registered
386 Posts
I like TurboMini have been watching TopGear forever. Gotta go with the Mini Launch as one of the best challenges as well. My wife will even sit through an episode with me. She usually ends up feeling bad for Capt Slow. OOOHHH, the caravan challenge was great, especially when they catch it on fire!!!! I have started to download the episodes via torrents. You can stay current with the BBC instead of a year or so behind like the BBCA is.

·
Premium Member
3,677 Posts
I've got my favorites:

HiLux vs. Dog Sled team to the North Pole
$1000 car from Miami to New Orleans
Amphicars

Great show...great comedy!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts