Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1983 Celica Supra
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I was going through some older forum posts on doing the 5 lug conversion and saw the two main options for the rear include going with the ms123 crowns stubs or using serialnine’s service. As the crowns hubs seem unattainable I’ve set my sights on Serialnine. I reached out to them but haven’t gotten a response yet, leading me to wonder if they still offer that. If any of you know if the service is still offered or if another company does the same let me know! Alternatively if someone happens have a set of the crown stubs hit me up 😂

- Thanks

·
Registered
1983 Celica Supra
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Note I got my reply from Serialnine, they don’t offer the re-drilling anymore, so please let me know if there are any good alternatives thanks!

·
Registered
2,808 Posts
1. Find a shop to do redrilling

2. Suck it up and get wheels that work with the 4 lug hubs

Reactions: Atl_Racer

·
Registered
2,808 Posts
I got a set custom made for the stock hubs. 17x8.5 and 18x10.

·
Registered
1983 Celica Supra
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for laying the options guys, I probably won‘t try to drill the hubs due to the risks associated with that. (also heard many shops refuse to do so) Of course there are certainly lots more 4 lug wheel options today then some of you had to deal with in the past so the conversion isn’t a necessity. I will probably just stick with 4 lugs and see if a good option appears in the future. I did see revvhappy in his Lemons Mk2 Build mention looking into getting custom hubs made with the option for 4 or 5 lug which would be sweet! Great idea Funky with the custom wheels!

·
Registered
1983 Celica Supra
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Why not use an adapter?
I suppose that’s always an option and I definitely considered that, ultimately I’m not sure I want to run an adapter which adds at least an inch causing me to run something like 35mm offsets. I also was having a hard time finding a matching front and rear wheel unless I also run a spacer up front to run like 25mm(f) 35mm(r) or both 35.

·
Registered
615 Posts
Complete Custom Wheel (CCW) can build you any wheel you need, any size, any offset.

I got set of 18x10" wheels for my Miata w/285/30-18 tyres all around.
Also set of 18x11/18x12" wheels for my Porsche track car w/285/315mm tyres.
Only barely heavier than my previous BBS e28 17" race-wheels with magnesium centres.
Everything from CCW fits perfectly.

I'd go directly to them for wheels, rather than trying messy hub machining or heavy adapters.

·
Registered
1983 Celica Supra
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Complete Custom Wheel (CCW) can build you any wheel you need, any size, any offset.

I got set of 18x10" wheels for my Miata w/285/30-18 tyres all around.
Also set of 18x11/18x12" wheels for my Porsche track car w/285/315mm tyres.
Only barely heavier than my previous BBS e28 17" race-wheels with magnesium centres.
Everything from CCW fits perfectly.

I'd go directly to them for wheels, rather than trying messy hub machining or heavy adapters.
Thanks for the link, certainly a great option for getting the perfect fitment and seems like a good reputable company. Takes the pain in terms of finding the right set which has the optimal offset out of the equation!

·
Registered
2,808 Posts
I got my set from Image Wheels in the UK. There are a few places that offer custom 3 piece wheels that can be made to suit.

17x8.5 + 10 with 245/40
18x10 + 16 with 285/30 (I'd go closer to +12 if you don't have rear camber correction)

no spacers, rings, or anything. Did need longer studs in the rear as the wheel disk is thicker but I used the Landcruiser ones that are 10mm longer.

Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

Tire Wheel Car Land vehicle Sky

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Sky

Reactions: AJ

·
Registered
1983 Celica Supra
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I got my set from Image Wheels in the UK. There are a few places that offer custom 3 piece wheels that can be made to suit.

17x8.5 + 10 with 245/40
18x10 + 16 with 285/30 (I'd go closer to +12 if you don't have rear camber correction)

no spacers, rings, or anything. Did need longer studs in the rear as the disc is thicker but I used the Landcruiser ones that are 10mm longer.

View attachment 20564
View attachment 20565
View attachment 20566
First off, beautiful car! I’m sure you turn heads wherever you go and rightly so. Also those wheels look killer and complement both the paint and carbon fiber hood perfectly. Moving on from that beauty thanks for providing yet another option, I’m really liking some of the wheels, Image Wheels produce, I’m for sure adding these custom wheel companies to my list of future investments into my car!

·
Registered
807 Posts
Compomotive still makes wheels that work with the 4x114.3 pattern. They take a bit of time to get them as they're usually custom-made to order (at least for our cars), but well worth the cost if ya ask me, although I'm a bit biased!

Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Vehicle Automotive side marker light

·
Registered
1983 Celica Supra
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Compomotive still makes wheels that work with the 4x114.3 pattern. They take a bit of time to get them as they're usually custom-made to order (at least for our cars), but well worth the cost if ya ask me, although I'm a bit biased!

View attachment 20572
Nice two tone paint, wheels also look great. Cool wheel company adding even more options, thanks! The MO1785 Alloy wheel looks pretty fresh!

·
Registered
615 Posts
First off, beautiful car! I’m sure you turn heads wherever you go and rightly so. Also those wheels look killer and complement both the paint and carbon fiber hood perfectly. Moving on from that beauty thanks for providing yet another option, I’m really liking some of the wheels, Image Wheels produce, I’m for sure adding these custom wheel companies to my list of future investments into my car!
I really like their F40 copy!

·
Registered
2,808 Posts
The wheels have been top notch - great construction and balance. I've tracked the car with them quite a few times now with no issue.

·
Registered
1983 Celica Supra
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
That’s great to hear! I’m seeing a lot of great options and that F40 copy looks killer! If they can hold up to track sessions I’m sure they’ll hold up to my driving… I’m sure of it lol

·
Registered
2,808 Posts
Yeah the biggest issue I had was destroying the diff because of all the extra traction from the 285 tires and 2JZ turbo power!

·
Registered
1983 Celica Supra
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Yeah the biggest issue I had was destroying the diff because of all the extra traction from the 285 tires and 2JZ turbo power!

Wow I guess 460 horsepower does that lol! I’m certainly not going to making that much power, I’m finishing up my 7MGE swap but maybe later down the road I’ll go with the 7MGTE and push possibly 300hp but 460hp isn’t currently on my radar. That car must be a wild and fun ride, plus thats a lot of rubber you’re putting down!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts