Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Don at advan carbon sent me an email in regards to a carbon fiber hatch for the ceica hatchback and the supra. He will be using an 84 hatch for a mold. price will be around 700-850 depending on the amount of people who join.

·
Premium Member
5,572 Posts
There should be a lot of interest. Will that include the sunshield?

·
POTATO
17,259 Posts
Won't have that kind of cash until taxes come in, but definitely interested.

·
Registered
3,546 Posts
Sorry i would love an 85 i know the same but lining up the holes on that type of investment I would rather pay them are they willing to do an 85 pre drilled also shipping to 08759 i need to consider

·
Registered
556 Posts
awesome I hope i can get my funds up in. Are they going to have lexan instead of glass??

·
Registered
85 Posts
I would like it one too, but not for a month or two to get funds

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I've sent don a few emails regarding fitment, predrilled holes, the possibility of a 3rd brake light, sun shade tabs,lexan windows I'm hoping to hear back from him tomorrow.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Interested!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Don does do payments so you don't need to have all the money at once. No upgrade to lexan unless you do it yourself but he is trying to find new wearther stripping seal for the hatch

·
Registered
77 Posts

·
Supra since '86
5,472 Posts
Looks interesting. I would prefer to see it produced with no holes, except the one for the glass. No rear wiper, washer fluid squirter or even key hole.

Here in Ontario and maybe in other places it is legal to have no rear window if the vehicle as two side mirrors. Just look at some vans and trucks.

As for the glass, very thin lexan or plexiglass is the way to go for me.

·
POTATO
17,259 Posts
Definitely interested. Is there any chance of molding a duck bill spoiler on the back?

o_O

eww. I hope it's left completely holeless and spoiler-less and left up to the owner to customize it for his/her look or use. I am sure there aren't going to be several hatches made, and I am also sure there are people who AREN'T going to want duckbills or '83/84 window shade types, etc etc. Can't please everyone, so like the hood, best to just leave it "stock", and since this hatch is not just for Supras, but for Celicas too, stock would mean with no holes for spoilers.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.