Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don's carbon fiber hatch.

21K views 53 replies 29 participants last post by  CLToy 
#1 ·
Don at advan carbon sent me an email in regards to a carbon fiber hatch for the ceica hatchback and the supra. He will be using an 84 hatch for a mold. price will be around 700-850 depending on the amount of people who join.

#10 ·
Interested!

#15 ·
Wirysage has got perfect timing with the rubber hatch gasket covered here:
http://www.celicasupra.com/forums/s...duction-run-of-rubber-hatch-gaskets-group-buy

Might want to put wirysage and don in contact with one another, since this should bolster both group buys. Don will hopefully just have the option of including a seal or not since I know some of us will buy our own while others, and those outside the forum will want to have it included with the hatch.

#16 ·
Looks interesting. I would prefer to see it produced with no holes, except the one for the glass. No rear wiper, washer fluid squirter or even key hole.

Here in Ontario and maybe in other places it is legal to have no rear window if the vehicle as two side mirrors. Just look at some vans and trucks.

As for the glass, very thin lexan or plexiglass is the way to go for me.

#18 ·
o_O

eww. I hope it's left completely holeless and spoiler-less and left up to the owner to customize it for his/her look or use. I am sure there aren't going to be several hatches made, and I am also sure there are people who AREN'T going to want duckbills or '83/84 window shade types, etc etc. Can't please everyone, so like the hood, best to just leave it "stock", and since this hatch is not just for Supras, but for Celicas too, stock would mean with no holes for spoilers.

#22 ·
The best way to do this is probably just a stock hood, no holes, or w/ w/out windshield wiper hole, and leave it up to the customer to apply the holes if they want the spoiler or sunshade. That's gonna be the easiest way for them to produce it. All these different wants/needs and requests will just make it a lot more difficult to get rolling and produced.

#24 ·
To clarify, the option for a sunshade request it's to have the 85 sunshade made in CF to go along with the hatch. It would look silly to mount a 28 year old faded sunshade onto a CF hatch.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

#25 ·
Agree on this. No way I'd mount an 85 spoiler onto a carbon fiber hatch. Better off it being made with the hatch. All carbon fiber is the way to go.

#26 ·
Eh? I would mount the '85 spoiler to it. I don't care. I don't see what the issue is, lol. It's fiberglass anyway. And if you're worried about it matching, you can get it wrapped. You can also paint it black. Black goes with everything, especially the black moldings and bumper. Well that's my opinion anyway :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.