Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 54 of 54 Posts
Living in the rust belt, my main motivation for a hatch isn't to lighten the load but to get more rust-free body parts. Weight reduction is an added benefit that's nice to have.

Agreed, however weight savings in the rear is generally a bad idea considering our car's balance is like 54/46, not only will it disrupt handling but making it even harder to keep traction on an already PITA rear suspension system. That's my take on it anyway. That's why I don't care if it ghas glass, or which material is heavier, just as long as it is durable and sturdy and rust-proof.

Complete hatch assemblies are very heavy, till you strip it down to just the hatch metal. Most of the weight comes from the glass, and some more from wiper motor, wings etc. ...
Exactly.

Make it carbon with no holes and lexan glass... it will compensate for the weight of a half or full cage. There would be little additional overall weight, close to factory weight distribution and so much more chassis rigidity.

There are still rust free hatches out there for replacement with the factory features.

For those looking for fibreglass hatches they are working on it on Toymods.

i actually have the cash right now for at least 1 if this happens.

Many of us are waiting on our CF hoods so I am sure that the delay is primarily due to production limitation on the manufacturer. I would be in for two, as soon as this can happen.

i need at least 2. it just depends on price wether i will actually buy that many or not. plus im trying to piece more things together for the 2j swap etc... this hatch is the same price as the bw turbo i want for a comparison

Will a deposit be made to get this going? Cause I know a lot of ppl say they want one, but when time comes to drop down the $$, they flake.

41 - 54 of 54 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.