Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
181 - 200 of 214 Posts
Just curious how much warning people are getting before delivery. Mine's getting delivered not to my house, and there's a border crossing to get there, I'm probably an hour away typically, up to 4 on a bad day/time.
No warning. I contacted them in mid-January and said they could bump me further down the list (I was #2) because I was snowed in. They said sure, no problem, we can ship to you in March when spring weather comes and snow melts. Two weeks later (Jan29) I got a call from the trucker in MKE that they were on their way to deliver to me that day. Never even got a tracking number from them.

Discussion starter · #182 ·
Advan should send out an email to buyer, stating the hood has shipped, and the freight company info with tracking. At least the few I have seen were this way. The current hoods being shipped had the email notificatiins. I would do the tracking, and call the freight company for delivery specifics.

Don L.

Yea I got an email with the tracking info. The shipping company called me on the day of expected delivery on the online tracker. Based on everyone's talk on the delivery I thought they were already on the way, but no. They called to set the delivery to my place 3 days later with a 3 hour window. the driver called me 20 minutes before he was at my door. Would have been 15 but he got lost.

Discussion starter · #184 ·
That sounds like it worked ok. I'm sure freight services vary somewhat from location to location, and you know, human variances.

Wish services could be uniform and perfect everytime, not our world though. That said, macdonalds hamburgers are pretty consistant no matter where I go :)

Have a good weekend and hope more hoods are arriving soon!

Mine has shipped but the tracking number isnt working properly. Good thing it is being shipped to my work. Fingers crossed!

The quick link with the tracking number does not work for me either. I had to go to the site and enter the supplied tracking number in order to see the status. Hope that helps.

Got a call @ 11:58 am this morning saying that my hood(s) were in route to the house. They arrived 35 minutes later. Box was not damaged at all says the person that took delivery of them for me. I will not be able to check them out until next weekend. All appears to be well. I will report back after inspection.

Mike, Hope they are safe and sound. I have spent the day (1/2 day off work) trying to find them. CA carrier did not call back, had no idea, and wondered why they were still in IL even though today was the estimated date of delivery. IL carrier hub would not respond to the CA location. As it turns out, they will not be leaving IL until tonight with anticipated delivery on Monday of next week. I wonder why Advan chooses to use these piss-poor services...most likely due to a reduced rate compared to a bigger, possibly more reliable carrier. I can only imagine what they will look like since sitting in an IL warehouse since 5/3, and delayed for who knows why. </end rant>

I hope everyone is having a wonderful day and their carbon fiber products are happy in their new homes.
Chadrick

Can someone PLEASE do me a favour: when their order arrives get me the following info: box dimensions and box weight.

Hey George, if no one gets you this info before this weekend I will get it for you. My box came with two hoods in it so the weight wwill be different from your box with three or two and one.

Got mine friday, no issues. The hood did have some minor scratches on it even though the box and bubble wrap was not breached in any way - perhaps a handling issue? Nothing a little paint polish and some elbow grease couldnt take care of. Fitment is very nice - I will take some pics and post them up. It would seem the under bracing has threaded holes for the stock pneumatic hood supports - any idea if the stock strength ones are acceptable or if I need to try to find some 'lower pressure' ones? Also, are there any benifits to using the rear headlight 'whiskers' since this hood actually has the ability to mount them?

Discussion starter · #198 ·
I can only say try your 30 yr old hood struts on the cf hood, might work if they are not too strong.

Others have said cf hoods need lower pressure struts, but no one with the Advan hoods hoods have reported.

Advan hoods are fairly stout.

Don L.

It definietly seems way more rigid than my old CFX fiberglass hood. I'm going to give a set of new hood supports a try, I will keep you updated.

I'm still curious to know if running those metal 'whiskers' that mount to the hood behind the headlight has any advantage.

181 - 200 of 214 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.