Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 40 of 214 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Hey Guys, long day at work till tonight, won't be able to update the list till I get home.
Although we have hit the 10 limit (thanks all), I am trying to have that extend up.
Thise who have sent deposits, not to worry, all is good. Those still looking to order the hood continue to PM me or email, as soon as I get ok for more at this price I will give you my paypal info, dang....the first 10 went fast!

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
Crap! Hopefully you can get some more spots. I am willing to wait a few months, won't be driving the car until mid May anyways.

·
Premium Member
1,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Big thanks to EVERYONE for the quick support, and kind words. I am in awe of how fast the first 10 sold. From the time I went to bed, to this morning, and they were gone! I was happy for the strong support, but at the same time a bit sad that many of the folks I had talked to didn't get a chance to purchase. Never was my intent to purposefully exclude anyone, but for my own financial reasons, had to set and agree to a initial limit. Keep in mind that I already paid deposits for each hood. Well, I couldn't leave it as is. Don at ADVAN is a great guy, can't say enough about a big business willing to talk to owners of 30 yr old cars looking for a fancy hood :)

Anyway, I have put deposits on another 10 units and have an agreement to keep the price the same. Really not sure I can do this a 3rd time, but who knows?

So, keeping in mind I am on the West coast, and with PST, plus I work 11 hr days with limited time to update much forum stuff, BRING ON THE REST OF THE ORDERS! I will do my best to update and answer questions.

Thanks again everyone, and again, if you have even the slightest thoughts of ever getting a CF hood, this is really the time!

Don L.

·
Premium Member
1,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Hatches (and most anything else) can definitely by done by ADVAN. We talked briefly about that, and fenders, header panels, etc. It's the cost, and potential demand. It would be a big project. Glass or lexan would not be an issue. As any project, start up costs......

Don L.

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
What do you think though, Don. I feel as if CF or Fiberglass hatches may have a bigger demand than the hoods, and you obviously filled those orders fast. I'll definitely have to talk to Advan next time I'm that way about start up costs for our hatch. I have a perfect, spare hatch here that we could use as a mold.

·
Premium Member
5,551 Posts
Another high-demand item from our forum would be Whiskers. Advan already makes eyelids for Beemers so I am sure they have the capability to make whiskers for Supras, and if they could do it in the same price range (under $100) I am sure a large percentage of us would scoop them up in no time.

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
Money sent. Thanks Don!

·
Supra since '86
5,472 Posts
Hatches (and most anything else) can definitely by done by ADVAN. We talked briefly about that, and fenders, header panels, etc. It's the cost, and potential demand. It would be a big project. Glass or lexan would not be an issue. As any project, start up costs......

Don L.
Thanks again Don.

I would really be interested in fenders, headlight covers, header panels and whiskers. Possibly they could incorporate whiskers to the header panels. Really lighten up the front end of my track car project.

I've also thought that doors with fixed window frame would be nice.

·
Premium Member
1,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
What do you think though, Don. I feel as if CF or Fiberglass hatches may have a bigger demand than the hoods, and you obviously filled those orders fast. I'll definitely have to talk to Advan next time I'm that way about start up costs for our hatch. I have a perfect, spare hatch here that we could use as a mold.
Yup, will take a very good hatch that can be used as a plug for molding, and since they have a hatch for the AE86 Corollas, certainly feasable. I'm not so sure a hatch would have the quantity demand of the hoods, but what do I know....I thought 10 hoods would be a stretch :)

Its a financial investment and risk, as with any traditional group buy. Look at the Celica CF hood group buy that also went through ADVAN. Those members had a tough time getting that project going. ADVAN was very accomodating to get that done, and it took a long while.

I'd like to see a CF hatch, although I personally can't use one. If you decide to work with ADVAN to develop a hatch, I definitely will endorse them!

Don

·
Premium Member
1,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Another high-demand item from our forum would be Whiskers. Advan already makes eyelids for Beemers so I am sure they have the capability to make whiskers for Supras, and if they could do it in the same price range (under $100) I am sure a large percentage of us would scoop them up in no time.
You know, this was another interesting conversation we all had with Don (ADVAN). He felt the whiskers were rather complicated in shape, ok in terms of possible to do, but not too easy. I recently pulled my header panel off to be replaced, and since the whiskers are attached to the header panel, we got to talking about a CF header panel, that was extended in that portion of the whiskers area so no whiskers were needed. Now THAT is interesting and seems fairly affordable. Just think, for not much more than custom whiskers, you get a whole CF header panel. I think it would be cool. Holes for headlight sprayers would be optional, emblem holes too. Its not too hard to replace either. Anyway, just a thought. I'm pretty taxed out after this project. Too soon for another :)

Don L.

·
Premium Member
1,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
*** The 20 hoods are sold *** Thank you all for participating! I am collecting everyone's info (as requested on the ordering form), to be placed onto the ADVAN purchase orders. Your positions on the list will be your approximate delivery positions. The purchase orders will be sent to ADVAN. Each of you will be notified by me to contact ADVAN so you can provide final payment and discuss shipping details. Obviously there will a gap of time for those at the top of list vs. the lower part of the list, but we should be able to wrap this up by end of January, early February. Holidays always slow things a bit, but things probably move faster than I estimate. My estimates lately have been very conservative.

As for those who might still want a hood, and didn't get into the 20 units, feel free to send me your info (as requested in the order info) and I'll keep your info on a back up list in case anyone drops out. This list will also be used to evaluate a later group purchase.

Don L.

21 - 40 of 214 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.