·
POTATO
17,259 Posts
Wow that's terrible :(

Hope this gets resolved soon!

·
Supra since '86
5,472 Posts
David, I hope your issue is resolved soon, it sounds really frustrating. I would not be happy myself too.

Have you contacted the shipping company? Usually any damages to a product shipped are the responsibility of the shipping company.

The shipping company will not receive and ship a product if the box or contents seem damaged. They after all are responsible for it when it is in their hands, hence the shipping insurance etc.

A person who the package is shipped to should not sign and take into possession any package that is damaged. Instead check for damage and decline delivery if damage is found. Let the shipping company deal with the sender.

I wonder why Advan is not returning your calls? That does sound strange for a company to do. Please let us know how things are going. Hopefully the issue will be resolved quickly.

·
POTATO
17,259 Posts
I don't know about anyone else, but the paperwork I received indicated that there was no insurance on it. "Decalared value $0.00". Maybe I am missing something, but that really sketched me out.

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
I hope ours arrive in good shape and soon. Haven't heard anything yet.

·
Premium Member
1,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #169
I've been cc'd some emails between David and Donnie from ADVAN. Sounds like Donnie is back to work and in some discussion with David on the shipping damage. Hopefully that gets worked out soon and the rest of the hoods get to shipping! Things were a bit to quiet for me there for a while, thought maybe the IRS was catching up to Donnie and he was on the run, jk! :) Well, here's hoping things get back on track, soon.

·
Premium Member
4,045 Posts
I've been cc'd some emails between David and Donnie from ADVAN. Sounds like Donnie is back to work and in some discussion with David on the shipping damage. Hopefully that gets worked out soon and the rest of the hoods get to shipping! Things were a bit to quiet for me there for a while, thought maybe the IRS was catching up to Donnie and he was on the run, jk! :) Well, here's hoping things get back on track, soon.
I can confirm this. I had some correspondence with Advan yesterday. Ill keep everyone posted.

·
Supra since '86
5,472 Posts
Great news. I hate seeing members not being treated fairly by suppliers. Hope things work out for you David. Thanks Don for keeping tabs on things for us.

·
Premium Member
4,045 Posts
For what its worth, I still haven't spoken or gotten email response since my inital update 10 days ago. Every time I call he(Donny) isn't there and doesn't call me back when I leave a message. He hasn't responded to my emails and the only correspondence I've had is with his assistant Glen, who called me to let me know a claim was filed but didn't give me any real information about the possible outcome. He assured me Donny would call me Wednesday and yesterday but I've gotten nothing.

For those of you yet to receive your hoods, make sure you get a copy of the Waybill signed by the company with any comments. Mine was not on transfer paper so any comments that were made were only kept by Mainfreight.

·
Premium Member
1,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #173
A few updates:

Advan has filed a claim on David H. damaged hood, couple options being discussed, but finalizing claims can take as long as 60 days I'm told.

Shipping this week should be happening for these buyers:

George (Raptor) 3 hoods
Victor S. 1 hood
Chad L. 2 hoods

Please look for shipping notification from Freight company or Advan. As mentioned in above posts and Advan's confirmation emails, inspect and note any damage upon package arrival. Its unfortunate, but gosh, it happens.

Thanks guys!

Don L.

·
Premium Member
1,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #175
Praying that this goes well. Excited but concerned.

Understand. Getting into the home stretch now. If this week goes well, I have to think the rest should go well too. Well, ok, a few prayers never hurt :)

·
Premium Member
1,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #177
Sounds like hoods for Victor S., Chadrick, Michael A, went out. Couple more and we're almost done!

Don L.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Hey guys, I just got mine in today. Ran home from work to receive it. Mine had a puncture in the box too, but the hood was undamaged inside. So remember to look over the box and open it, before you sign it. They were pretty friendly didn't rush me while I was looking over it for damages.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Just curious how much warning people are getting before delivery. Mine's getting delivered not to my house, and there's a border crossing to get there, I'm probably an hour away typically, up to 4 on a bad day/time.

161 - 180 of 214 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.