Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,133 Posts
my only question is were these cars made in the us or Japan ...

Hmmmm
Both-They have had problems across multiple car lines.

·
Registered
267 Posts
toyota have recall this problem( gaz pedal) on corolla , sienna and one more model i think

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
i guess Ford did the same , recalled 4.5 millions equipped with Texas Instruments speed control deactivation switches.

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
good:

Squeezing out cost savings has long been a Toyota hallmark but the company has intensified its efforts this year. Managers have given up their bonuses and even some elevators at its headquarters have been switched off to cut electricity bills.

bad:

Masatoshi Nishimoto of CSM Worldwide, a research group, said suppliers would be unlikely to meet Toyota's demands on their own. "Toyota is going to have to do a lot of work itself, by switching more quickly to global platforms and using more common parts," he said.

Toyota is known to work closely with suppliers on the design and manufacturing of key components, a strategy that has led to the development of a tightly integrated procurement network. To achieve its cost-saving goals, the company may be forced to look further outside that network, Mr Nishimoto said. "Toyota is going to have to look at what components are commodities that can be bought more cheaply from China, for example."

:32:

·
Registered
3,964 Posts
this doesn't necessarily shock me, but what worries me is the the other stuff that we haven't heard about. I'd bet there's hundreds of safety issues on a smaller scale that should have been recalled...

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
my only question is were these cars made in the us or Japan ...

Hmmmm
Doesn't make any difference, Toyota has been tight lipped and has been stonewalling on their crash impact data for rollovers for years. It's not a location of manufacturer problem, it's a cooperate problem. They have recalled identical equipment in Japan but not in the US claiming that they don't have sufficient data to justify a recall in the US. This excess of problems and coorporate BS thats been going on with Toyota is a large part of the reason that my most recent auto purchass was NOT a Toyota

·
Super Moderator
10,617 Posts
Oh please, this is just another case of the crap you deal with when you're number one. Everyone is going to start taking shots at you once you beat out all of the competition and are known as the biggest and best. If you dig into history and dirt on any manufacturer you care to name, you'll find similar stories that just havn't gotten as much publicity.

Theres bound to be alot of bitterness abound now that a foriegn car maker has bested the proud domestic brands and become the #1 auto seller in the US.

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
Call it what you will, but when I went looking for my next car I chose the company that was willing to provide me, and the public in general, with it's vehicles roof strength crash test data and not the one that's been withholding that same data from the public and the courts.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Is it really Toyota's fault that somebody can drive 20 miles because the pedals stuck without thinking to take the vehicle out of gear? I heard it was the floor mats anyway. plastic panels just sounds sensationalized. I wont deny it may have caused some accidents, but some would have been avoided if the operators weren't so stupid.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts