Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
794 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just discoverd something new about my door locks.

When the car is running, open your door and try to lock it. They automatically unlock themselves. This is nice so that you dont accidentally lock your keys in the car while it is running.

Not sure if this is specific to the 85-86. Pretty neat though.

·
Registered
7,111 Posts
yep, I found that out the first day I got my 85 mk2 (2001) :wink:

·
Registered
245 Posts
must be on the 85-86 cause my 84 does not do this found out the hard way. if i am not mistaken the car does not need to be on just keys in the ignition.

·
Registered
3,433 Posts
see i knew that is the reason...lol my locks always unlock themselves....so for some reason it thinks my key is always in the ignition do you know of the switch or what causes this, i've looked around the ignition with no luck......any clues?

·
Registered
4,871 Posts
The 85 & 86 have that feature. I think the switch for the key is located on the ignition switch lock cylinder.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Yup... 84's do not do this..... funny story to go with it.... realize Im late for a helocopter flight from my office down to Redondo beach, come tearing up, park the car grab the breif case and RUN to the chopper which is running and waiting on the pad, return 6 hours later and as the chopper lifts of I reach for my key, hmmm where are they? I must have locked my keys in the car *oh no!*... but wait it gets better. As the chopper leaves and the its sound dies down I hear the sound of my Sup idling :dumbass: , the car has been sitting, running next to the helo pad for 6 hours. Not great for the car I know, but still. :oops:

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
TOYMAN321 said:
Yup... 84's do not do this..... funny story to go with it.... realize Im late for a helocopter flight from my office down to Redondo beach, come tearing up, park the car grab the breif case and RUN to the chopper which is running and waiting on the pad, return 6 hours later and as the chopper lifts of I reach for my key, hmmm where are they? I must have locked my keys in the car *oh no!*... but wait it gets better. As the chopper leaves and the its sound dies down I hear the sound of my Sup idling :dumbass: , the car has been sitting, running next to the helo pad for 6 hours. Not great for the car I know, but still. :oops:
that's hilarious! at least you didn't run out of gas...

·
Founding Member
6,423 Posts
Well did you at least leave the A/C on so it'd be nice and cool when you got back? :p Good story.

Phil D

TOYMAN321 said:
As the chopper leaves and the its sound dies down I hear the sound of my Sup idling :dumbass: , the car has been sitting, running next to the helo pad for 6 hours. Not great for the car I know, but still. :oops:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts