Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Sorry if this is a repeat, search never seems to work for me.

I've been trying to tighten my alternator belt, with some help from my Dad I was finally able to get enough things loosened to get the alt. swung out far enough to tighten the belt, yea for me!! The reason I mention this is because now when I open my doors, either one, the headlights go up. when you close the door, and the dimmer for the dome light goes down so do the headlights. The only thing I touched under the hood besides the alt. and power steering pump was the factory alarm horn, it was in the way of reattaching the intake section that I removed so I could get to the back of the alt easier. I plan to get my bother (electrical exp) to help me work on this, but any ideas would be helpful!!!

on an edited side note, I went out tonite to drive somewhere and the lights did not rise when I opened the doors, so it may be related to the rains we had the last two days, what would have gotten wet under the hood to cause this? or inside the car, although there are no obvious leaks inside!

Thanks, Nakor

·
Registered
348 Posts
That is a new one to me! Try searching "haunted" threads and I wish you luck with this one!

·
Registered
264 Posts
the lights on my 85 popped up a few times when i took the key out of the ignition, and would go back down after a minute. it only did it for one day, then stopped :ugh:

·
Registered
3,224 Posts
did u replace any bulb ? brake , turn signals, etc etc ?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
nope have no replaced any bulbs, or even touched any of them...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts