Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Supra since '86
5,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm replused, but at the same time I can't look away. Somthing I may want to drive down the QEW?

I like this car among others. Check out that rear end design.

ADDED PICS.

·
POTATO
17,248 Posts
:shock:
I'm really liking the old Celica and Skyline fastbacks, btu DAMN not what they did to them, blah!
Crazy

·
Registered
4,121 Posts
What's with the excessive amount of negative camber in the rear of some, more like alot, of those cars? Is it a style thing or a drift setup?

·
Registered
827 Posts
Tanyas Mk2 said:
I'm really liking the old Celica and Skyline fastbacks

DITTO! Those are some EXPENSIVE rides! :shock: Some look pretty sweet though.

. . . and although that's not my taste you gotta give the builder props for putting that much effort into their car.

-Keith

·
Registered
999 Posts
I think those are called bozosoku. We had another thread like this a while back, but all the cars in it were more ludicrous and less well made.
Except this (which looks pretty well made), it's the only one I saved:

·
Registered
4,558 Posts
sweet jesus, im glad that the original toyota engineers werent on the same drugs these guys are.

theres a couple nice cars in there, but man, the rest just do not appeal to me.

·
Registered
783 Posts
I want a star shaped exhaust also.... I mean that's gotta be good for at least what 10-15hp? pretty creative and interesting to look at but I wouldn't wanna drive one daily. How do those really high exhaust pipes stay there and don't break off :?:

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
It's like they took the pipes off an old triumph chopper and stuck em on their cars

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
FMTC - Front Mount Transmission Cooler

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
999 Posts
I think those are oil coolers.
The purpouse of Bozosoku is too look like vaugely like 70's racecars, so I hear. Information on wierd Japanese car modification trends is hard to find in english for some reason :p

edit: http://www.grmotorsports.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=5744&highlight=bozosoku
The link the guy posted is down and all the pictures are dead, but they seem to be talking about the same stuff.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Emohawk said:
I think those are called bozosoku. We had another thread like this a while back, but all the cars in it were more ludicrous and less well made.
Except this (which looks pretty well made), it's the only one I saved:
Does it look like the exhaust is comeing up off the wrong side of the engine?

·
POTATO
17,248 Posts
:shock: :shock: perhaps it's not a 5M GE anymore, or 1G or whatever. Maybe it's 22 RE powered
:p

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
Man where in the world are all those deep dish rims coming from? I want a set.

·
Supra since '86
5,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Buy a set of 2pce rims, take them apart and put them togther again with the hoops reversed.

·
Registered
272 Posts
>>
FMTC - Front Mount Transmission Cooler
>>

Those might also be water-to-air intercooler "radiator" setups. The Cartech kit I have is like that, but why on earth they would mount them flat against the front bumper is beyond me. Air is supposed to flow *througth* them, not just *at* them (no matter what they are).

·
Registered
4,871 Posts
Solo1Supra said:
What's with the excessive amount of negative camber in the rear of some, more like alot, of those cars? Is it a style thing or a drift setup?
That's probably the only they can keep the tires from rubbing on the huge flares. :roll:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts