Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know in the grand scheme of things this might seem a minor issue, but why do I have to double click the "back" button to go back to the previous screen? Is this a user setting I'm overlooking? Other sites I go to only require one click of the button. Any insight is appreciated.
I'm just trying to streamline my surfing experience of this wonderful resource!

·
Registered
562 Posts
I think it is an Internet Explorer thing as it only started recently and works fine in other browsers.

·
Premium Member
7,762 Posts

·
I like Boost
3,725 Posts
1 click for firefox. Ditched explorer 2 years ago and havnt looked back.

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
Glad to hear - I thought it was just me.
IE at work - back = double click
Firefox (portable app) at work - back = single click

BTW - I hate IE

·
Registered
562 Posts
so then why just this forum, and none else?
My guess would be that the way IE handles the scripting on the pages is what causes it. I had a similar problem with a website I use for work a while back and that was the problem. It did not get fixed until we upgraded our version of IE. Here at work I am running IE7 on Win XP. The site works fine on Safari and also at home on Win Vista using IE8, Safari, and Firefox.

So, maybe Mike made some update to the backend that IE7 is not fully compatible with?
Sure wouln't be the first time that IE7 was being stupid. :mfinger:

·
Registered
7,090 Posts
I have IE8 on W7 = double click (same on XP & Vista)
If you just put your mouse on the back button, you will see that the first click will bring you to http://googleads.g.doubleclick.net/....
so it has to be something with "polling" the google ads on the page...

·
Registered
8,519 Posts
I have IE8 on W7 = double click (same on XP & Vista)
If you just put your mouse on the back button, you will see that the first click will bring you to http://googleads.g.doubleclick.net/....
so it has to be something with "polling" the google ads on the page...

youre freaking brilliant Joce... it sure does say that over here too

now maybe Mikey can fix it... unless he's getting twice the click-thru revenues.

·
Registered
562 Posts
now maybe Mikey can fix it... unless he's getting twice the click-thru revenues.
If it is getting him more money then I will just keep on double-clicking the back button. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
I was also pissed when this started with my new laptop. First thing I did after opening box was download Firefox to find out it didn't work with 7.

Actually after using IE for the past month I will probably keep using it. Too many programs tied together. W7 + IE + Windows Media all equal shared options. Finger print scanner is also tied into IE. I do miss Firefox.

The Mac vs. PC debate brought out some computer pros. Where are they now??? How do we get rid of issue?????

Now out of curiosity I'm going to try site on XP and Vista.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts