Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was out late, picking up my daughter from work.
I'm not happy, don't wanna be out...
I see a camaro acting stupid and take off after him, not real fast just easing up on him hoping to get a light.
This is 3 lanes across I'm far left, he's far right.
He rolls to a light with me, we are both rolling even, he hits it, I hit it. No contest, I'm a full car ahead when I hit second. I heard him downshift.. downshift? I punch 3rd and floor it. Now he sees my tail lights. Not only that but another car passes him in the middle lane, so now he's been killed twice... geez, what a piece of junk...
He's got a mid to late 80's so I was expecting to get beat up bad.

Red light, we are all in front, 3 abreast. I look to my right and there's a Hyundia in the middle. A hyundia? God, this is going to get nasty, I know the camaro is going to stomp it.

As the cross road turns yellow I start revving up, the maro is revving and he's loud. The hyundia didn't, I suspect now that the hyndia is an auto. I see him lean into it and figure that he's breaking and hitting the gas.

Light green we all punch, but I got the quicker jump no tire spin and the mk2 is above 3k so I'm in the power band. She pushed so hard that I feel the shocks on the back bottom out. The cross roads is 4 lanes, I beat the hyundia but he's at even with back bumper, the camero's back further than the Hyundia. Shift to 2nd the hyundia is still there, the maro? Nothing but our tail lights. I go to third and start pulling away from the hyundia, I know I've got him now, I'm watching the tach, I wanna run it out and see if I can squak 4th, only done it once. I glance up and a see a neon pull into my lane, hit the brake hard and downshift for more stopping power... Car stays under control. But I get buried in traffic as I watch the traffic go by. The hyundia in the lead, a Monte Carlo behind him (sounds good, but where did he come from) and the camaro struggling to keep up. I count this as a double kill, I had them and was walking away. But I was more surprised by the Hyundia beating the camaro, I figured that he would be last of the 3.......

·
Heroic Autobot
705 Posts
That had to be pure ego death for the Camaro owner... taken out first by a Supra and then by a Hyundai. An automatic Hyundai at that....

A V-6 or V-8 Camaro?

·
Registered
790 Posts
You have no idea how many v6 80's Camaros I've killed. It really is amazing, the Iroc and Z28 are pretty fast cars (they can easily kill a stock Mk II), but when you get to the v6 RS or stock Camaro, they have less power, worse gearing, weigh more, and just don't look as good as a Mk II. The really fun part is they are second only to 300Z drivers in thinking the cars name alone makes it the fastest thing around (anybody played with kids in NA Z's? Isn't it fun?)

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Downshift said:
That had to be pure ego death for the Camaro owner... taken out first by a Supra and then by a Hyundai. An automatic Hyundai at that....

A V-6 or V-8 Camaro?
I'm betting by sound it was v8

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
SliP said:
what kind of hyundai? I assume a tibby.

also, street racing is bad, mmkay? :?
To be honest I didn't get a good look at it, to busy with my car when he caught us. But it was probably a 4 cyl, nothing fancy... If I see another one like it I'll let you know what it was.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts