Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
142 Posts
the set-up is dangerous... if you are just running a mild allmotor... you might not have seen how the mk2 can do off the line with all the gobs of tourque you could imagine.

well with the very soft front would give you a nice off the line squat but you suffer high speed stability due to the softness of the front...remember that it is not the 60 you have to deal with also the rest of the 1/4 mile... by having a rubber stopper on your suspension travel would hinder the functionability of the weight transfer by limiting the travel of your squat...

I have not found yet the best solution for a best suspension set-up on my 6MGTE... but I have experience the lack of high speed control with blown front struts and it is not a pretty sight going 80+ mph on the 1/4 mile... you are taking a risk on your set-up... I have been racing for 3 years now and found that to have a RWD make good launch is to have a 50/50 rear and 90/10 front as a basis and trim as needed to you preference... that is having the rear squat and the front to lift up....

50/50 rear makes the car squat while launch and keep it there for better traction while loading up the rear tire.
90/10 front helps it to raise the front while keeping the front go down easy on compression of the shock due to the applied tourque from the launch...

I have been in search for the best aftermarket struts/shocks and went to great deals looking for it and has no luck for it is only few who makes the same specs of suspension travel on our mk2... while autocrossing is different and I only speak my part on Drag racing for it is what I do on my MK2 w/ 6MGTE

It is not fun driving a car with blown shocks or a wrong set of suspension set-up while trying to launch a touque monster of the line and keep it controlled on the duration of the 1/4 mile race and make go straight....

JUST MY 0.02cent opinion

· Registered
142 Posts
I am very involed in drag racing but my point is that the set-up is dangerous to my liking... I have a very torquey 6MGTE pushing my car to go tailwhip to the right during a hard 3K shot from the hole... I have been going to great lenghts on finding the ultimate set-up on drag racing... I am not that stupid to give that point withour considering that it is for drag racing use... I have a nice 70/30 front and still on the search for the rear... I have tried KYB gas-a-just which is just to stiff for it, while a set of monroe gas-matics and sensa-tracs are still too soft for my liking, the toyota factory shocks is also soft to my interest for it bottoms out like the monroe...

and also the point I am saying is a straight line set-up and not autocross

well it is good to know you are toyota tech and has achieved a low 14 1/4 mile run and that is running NOS and not turbo boost...I am coming from my car being boosted and runnning MT Indy profile S/S street slicks (26") and running low 13's on 12 psi

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.