Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
going down I-95 on my way home from work shortly after getting off the on ramp a cop got behind me. i saw him behind him so i was going the speed limit perfectly (65). he pulls up next to me and i can see him looking at my car, then he looks at me and starts revving his engine pulling a few feet and letting off to match me agian. Almost in shock i mouthed " Really?" at him and he shook his head yes.(At this point i was almost laughing) at the top of the next hill we both pulled from 65 to 95 in a few seconds surprisingly I smoked him by 20 feet or so. then he turns on his lights and sirens and I hit my steering wheel and yelled out "Fuck this guy if he really pulls me over!" i immediately slowed to 65 and he flew past me waving & laughing and turned off his siren and lights. made my week honestly. anyone else ever have a cop test you?

·
Registered
861 Posts
If this is true... you've got balls the size of watermelons to actually *DO* that in the first place.

And, no. Never had a cop test me like that. I would think that most cops have seen enough accidents and stupidity to not encourage that kind of behavior. Nevertheless, it's a great kill.

·
Registered
2,890 Posts
Haha great story! That's probably once in a lifetime thing to happen...

·
Registered
697 Posts
I haven't had this happen. However, I was pulled over once, he ran my info and I knew I was all clear so I wasn't worried. Mind you I have a police scanner in my car so I heard everything as he was checking my info.. He comes back to my car and says he just pulled me over because I had a nice car and he wanted to check it out... This was not in my Supra though, it was in my Civic and it isn't even anything special. I thought he was kidding, but he wasn't. Told me to take care of the car and to have a nice day and I was on my way.. I left scratching my head thinking, REALLY? The only thing I was worried about was getting a ticket for my dark windows, but I didn't get one.. I haven't been pulled over since, knock on wood..

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
I've seen an officer allow a friend to do a burnout in his cruiser. Then the officer took his friends mustang for a fun run.

·
Registered
15,005 Posts
had a cop try to "race" me pulling out of a toll booth years ago. i saw him going and staring at me and noddin his head to go, well, im not that stupid. lol. i just goosed it a lil to the speed limit and that was all. not takin that chance. last thing i need is looisng my car for 30 days of impound fees i cant afford to pay to get it back and my license for a year etc... they are hard on street racing down here. so if your ever in fla, dont do it! not worth it.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Before I got my Supra, I had an 02 Z28, minor mods but big power. My friend Steven and I were returning from a day out on his boat, which stays at the docs. Pulling onto Highway 17, headed home, a long time friend of his family pulled up next to us in his cruiser. This was back in 2006, so it was whatever version of the Crown Victoria they had at that time. He yelled out the window, "If you pass me, I'm pulling you over!", and then he nailed the throttle. The Vic was a child's play thing compared to my Camaro, but we got up around 125 anyway. He backed of then so did I, so not really a race, but I do know for a fact how much faster my car was than Officer Scott's cruiser...

was the cop name McLovin?
^^That's awesome!!^^

·
Registered
3,014 Posts
I raced a cop in a supercharged mustang 10 years ago between waxahachie and ennis tx is my modded MK3. I Barley pulled 1/2 car on him..we ran from a dig too! Fyi texas motor speedway is right there too..maybe thats why they have supercharged cop cars..everyone there is fast!

·
Registered
241 Posts
When my wife had her 300c hemi I race her with my patrol car....she blew my f........doors off and I coasted back into town.....and almost didnt make it to our garage.....blew my transmission...not a good day!

·
Registered
252 Posts
When my wife had her 300c hemi I race her with my patrol car....she blew my f........doors off and I coasted back into town.....and almost didnt make it to our garage.....blew my transmission...not a good day!
My mom has a 300C hemi also, when I drive that thing I get a rush. The torque is just crazy.... Pulls hard as hell.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Oh sorry guys didnt realize there was that much attention to this thread. I have an 83 mk2 , 5m-ge with an open air filter and 2.5' piping from the stock manifold with a high flow cat and a Z06 resonator (does nothing for power) everything else is stock

1 - 16 of 16 Posts