Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
1,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The other day I was reading an older copy od Sport compact Magazine, and the guy in it put a turbo on his early 90's SE-R sentra... The thing that struck me as odd was that he did it with a blow thru style set-up (i.e. the airflow meter was after the turbo)...

I was wondering if perhaps that would help with the fuel delivery at all, or if it was simply a matter of easier plumbing for a Fuel injected car...

and before it gets said, I know the term blow-thru is generally reserved for carberated forced induction, but it was about as close a term as I could find...

· Registered
1,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hmmm... the wheels are definately going here...

Austin, so by what your saying then, theres no richness or throttle studder if I mount the MAF between the BOV and the TB... I'm guessing thats because the airflow stops movingand the BOV is venting the air that is coming from the IC towards the TB...at least until the compressor stops pumping... Wouldn;t you end up going rich when your coming off boost (like when your coming to a stop)tho, maybe even causing it to stall?, The MAF would sense the movement of air, but not realizing it is actually moving backwards away from the TB to the BOV? Logic tells me it would, but if the DSM'ers are doing this, then there hasta be a reason that its not the case...

· Registered
1,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Austin... thanks a ton for the info :) You've started my wheels moving again on some ideas...

Slip... I had a Turbo Lebaron, and yeah..it was a total dog like ya said... wish I had known that then, else I may have kept the car...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.