Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
172 Posts
There are a few advatages to blow thru MAF's (which that sentra and many DSM's/Nissan's do) One is obviously for convenience of space, and the fact that you can basically put any type of intake on the turbo (ie-CAI). Another good thing about them is the seem to be much mroe accurate when mounts cose to the TB. The air temp the maf's usually read in a puller is not ever even that close to what is actually going in the TB. When I did this conversion on my DSM, i read the intake temps right before the maf (whcih was in between my BOV and TB) and in the intake manifold and the temps were only about 3-6* in difference on most occasions, as opposed to the pull through which would normally read anywehre from 10-40*off all the time. Now this took a while for my longterm fuel trims to adjust, but once they did the car just ran smoother period Another advantage/cool part is that you can mount the maf in between the BOV and TB, which will inable you to vent the bov with NO ill effects what so ever. Some people like to do this, but we all know what happens to cars with pull through mafs/afm's that try to do this....

· Registered
172 Posts
Bob,

Absolutely not dude... The gains from mounting the maf between the TB and BOV are negligable if yoru settup isnt really going to take advantage of it. The 2 main are that you can get any intake you want to the compressor inlet and that the air temp/measurment is MUCH more precise as opposed to trying to measure it before it gets squished to hell by the turbo/heated up/and goes through any type of pressure drop...

When yoru coming off boost or w/e you are not really moving anything, its called vacuum (not that you dont know that :D ), but the maf will nto be counting anything. Its very smooth throttle response compared to pull through IMO. Oh and the air that it vents is exactly as you said. The maf has not counted the air that is being vented as long as its place upstream of the BOV...you will not encounter any stalling/hesistating/rich issues when mounted this way...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.