·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Count me in for enough for two seats.

Steve

·
Registered
222 Posts
Sure, I can do pictures! It just looks like the original stuff, except without all the crazing and missing chunks...

Here's what the raw stuff looks like:

Duncan

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
That looks great cant wait to get mine

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Git mine today. Fast shipping and it looks good!

·
Registered
222 Posts
Adding up all the people that have said they want some, I think my spool has run out... but I have to actually cut all the sections off to be sure. But consider it gone until you hear otherwise here. Everyone who asked me for payment details got marked down as getting some (and is therefore part of my calculations about how much I've sold), but that means you should hurry up and actually make the deal!

If anyone bails, or if it turns out I have enough for one more set, or whatever, I'll post again here.

Duncan

·
Registered
111 Posts
Not chrome, but easier

I used black windlace a few years ago when I refurbished Mk2 seats for my 81 Celica. Function was more important for that car than correctness, and I was blacking out chrome anywhere I could anyway.

Windlace has a pebbly finish that works well for finshing edges. I used it along the bottom of my door panels (81 Celica) to reattach the carpet to the hardboard. This stuff is basically a viny-covered chain of metal U-shaped clips. The vinyl is barbed so that you push it on and it stays. I used pliers fo nibble around the edge, making sure the metal was as tight as possible.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Sunbelt Fabrics Inc. at 2506 Louise Ave in Dallas, TX 75226

They don't have a website and I don't have a phone number for them. The term windlace is often used to indicate somethiing else used in upholstering seats. This stuff is sometimes used to finish off the rough edge of cheaper motorcycle helmets. I took a couple of photos, but realized I don't have a way to post them.

·
Registered
3,846 Posts
I was gettin' tired of lookin' at my crappy seat back trim, so I ordered this chrome moulding, figured I'd give it a try (only $3.19 shipped)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320687798611#ht_3850wt_1161

One roll is enuf to complete one full seat back. I had enough left over to finish off the gnarled bottom of the other side. Suggest using a hair dryer esp. on the bends.

I reused some staples off my old trim or you can use a normal stapler (just don't press too deep). Cheap and it works! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,846 Posts
Thanks Jocelyn, having seen your work, I can say your leather seats ROCK! :mm_emthup

Unfortunately eBay links expire, so I linked it to the longest current running auction. But yeah, it was a good find, you sure can't go wrong at that price...the next lowest price for the same stuff was in UK and shipping cost more than the material.
If someone wanted to search later it's listed as: Car Chrome Air Vent Grille Styling Moulding Trim Strip.

Inspired by this thread, here's a cross-link to more seat restoration using this and other stuff: http://www.celicasupra.com/forums/showthread.php?61988-L-type-to-P-type-seat-swap-and-restoration&highlight=

·
Registered
7,012 Posts

·
Registered
7,012 Posts
I,ve just measure a piece of my former back trim : 9.1mm on the visible side.

(Edit: I corrected my post above, only 6 mm suit our requirement, the other is for a different application)

So I would go with the 6mm, which would still be easier to form around bends than stock.

21 - 40 of 46 Posts