Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
when I roll the driver's side window down, it bumps and makes an annoying noise halfway through it's trip down. The farther it goes down, the louder it gets... anyone know a remedy to this?

Another window question I have is when my windows are down and I close the door, it rattles really loud, I wanna fix that, does anyone know how to?
________
Lincoln premiere specifications

·
Registered
566 Posts
1ST guess is the same problem causing both issues. Loose or broken window regulator. They are fairly self explanatory when you look at/operate them so the only thing to do is gently pop the door panel off and have a look.

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
got pics or more of an explanation.\? both of my doors have this issue. I just figured the motor was dying *shrugs*.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Gage006 said:
got pics or more of an explanation.\? both of my doors have this issue. I just figured the motor was dying *shrugs*.
I might be able to get a video of it. What happens is, when I roll the driver's side window down, it's nice and smooth all the way until half way down where it just barely starts to "skip". The farther it goes down, the bumpier it gets and the more it hops until it's all the way down. It does the same thing when I roll the window up in reverse order (bumpiest at first and then half way through, it's smooth). The passenger side window goes up and down just fine.

The other window question I had is: when I have the windows up, the doors close nice and quiet, sounds like a new car. if the windows are even partially rolled down, they rattle like hell when I close the door. My friend's 95 integra does this as well.
________
Marijuana Indica

·
Registered
566 Posts
Gage006 said:
Didn't see this post till now. Here is a link to a blow-up of the door internals. Click Here

The regulator is the assembly consisting of the drive (manual crank or power motor, and the gear/track system. If for some reason it has come loose, the teeth may not be aligning all the way thru the curve, or may have been stripped from being used that way for too long etc. Like I said, is just my 1st guess, could be other things so seeing this internal shot and comparing it to what you feel is happening should help you in the right direction. Happy hunting.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Abomination said:
Another window question I have is when my windows are down and I close the door, it rattles really loud, I wanna fix that, does anyone know how to?
Yeah, mine does this too...I just figured it was an old age thing. I haven't taken it apart to check out yet because it's something I'll fix later on after all the important stuff is done.

However, from a guess, I would say there is some sort of a clamp thing which the window sits in between to keep it stable...I'm thinking over time they become loose or the window slips out of place from being knocked around etc...what I suggest is to take the door trim off so you can see inside, then wind the window down so it sits in the middle...give it a shake, and you'll see exactly what's wrong...there's obviously free movement inside there...and there shouldn't be...

·
Registered
578 Posts
I just went through this problem yesterday. My window locked up when it was all the way up and would not go down. I removed the window and put some grease on the rails. It still did it. I removed the regulator and the thing would only move a few teeth and then stop. I went today and found one in the junk yard off an '84. Another thing I found was the wheel (rides in the support guide) that attaches to the window was very loose so I got that off the junked car (it was tight). I think that had something to do with the bouncing it would get when moving. Now the window is smooth and quiet when operating.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts