Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

I've been having a bit of trouble completely closing my driverside window. The window will go up and down fine, but it doesn't want to go up the last couple of millimeters. This results in a terrible wind noise and sometimes allows water to enter when it rains.

I removed the door panel to inspect the linkage and the mechanisms. I found that there was this cresent shaped piece of metal lined with teeth (Responsible for lifting and dropping the window) and it was missing 2 teeth around the same place the window wouldn't shut all the way.

My question is....how the hell do I replace this? It looked impossible. Do I just replace the door or what?

Any insight would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Hosam

·
Registered
34 Posts
The only way I know of to replace that gear is to replace the regulator assembly. Most of those gears are riveted into place, but I cant be certain about your car in particular. A new regulator should run you about 90.00 US from Toyota. Pretty easy to put in, just line up the cable drums carefully (if its power) to get the cable in correctly. Zip ties work well to keep the cable on the drum.
-Toddb

1 - 2 of 2 Posts