Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will post pictures and ride details if I am still alive in few day's...:eek4dance:

eeeeek

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
you best come by and see me this time
i wanna drive the gtr pleaseeeeeee

·
Supra since '86
5,472 Posts
Yeah, really. The dealers here want $120,000 for a new GTR, gouging a little? I tried talking him into a R8 V10. At $140,000 new it seems like a better car.

·
Premium Member
7,186 Posts
Ouch!! My best friend is really close to selling his company. Both the V10 R8 and GTR are on his wish list. I signed up to be his talent scout ;)

·
Registered
8,519 Posts
Yeah, really. The dealers here want $120,000 for a new GTR, gouging a little? I tried talking him into a R8 V10. At $140,000 new it seems like a better car.
Ouch!! My best friend is really close to selling his company. Both the V10 R8 and GTR are on his wish list. I signed up to be his talent scout ;)
I have access to a minty-minty 2009 black/black GTR, 3400 miles offered for 71-ish. Serious only... holla!

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
crap, what in intense couple of day's...TX has some crazy rich farmers on steroids

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
Ya gonna keep this one???
Paid 1/2 deposit on a car/truck combo, so basically i was getting the truck for free. Drove the GTR for about 4 hours on my own, at first I was pumped and ready to hand over the balance, after 50-60 miles...that car is boring to me, maybe I am old school, but I like to clutch and shift, the paddle shifters are fast and kick ass, but boring. I blew everything off the road that appeared to want to race,,,,but you are going over 100 so quickly and smooth, it just didn't get me revved up at all. Race mode was a little more intense for sure, but still didn't get me going, I have more fun in the sleeper 2JZGTE MK2.....the GTR didn't get my adrenaline going once.

So, I got back and didn't go through with the combo meal deal, I ended up driving home the most incredible off road truck I have ever seen or driven, the thing is so modified and has had some serious $$$$$ tossed at it with only 15K on the clock....just a sick build, i can post info on the truck.

Meal Deal: 71K opted out, had to pay a bit more for the truck though.

Had to put the small topper on the Four Wheel Camper, still got 15mpg @68-75 mph back to Colorado from Texas

Motor Specs: started to add up everything on this truck, didn't get past motor + tranny @ $22,200, receipt for the four wheel camper alone was 15K

Engine
Professional built Chevy V-8 small block 400 Stroked (6.7 Liter 406) estimated 400hp with only 14K miles. Rods are longer than stock at 6-inch length. Edelbrock Pro-Flow Multi-Port Sequential Fuel Injection has keypad in cab for adjustments on the fly. Trick Flo aluminum cylinder heads. Custom Erson cam shaft. Crowler Roller lifters and roller rocker arms. Evans waterless NPG+ coolant with total bypass thermostat. Power Steering. Air Conditioning. R & M heat exchanger hot water shower system. Premier Power welder and power supply with 160 AMP alternator, Tilton High Torque Starter, arp, jacobs, kb perfomance pistons, blp 2 piece timing cover,march streetdampr,afm,oil temp,water temp gauges in cab. Comes with a new in box Ready Welder II. … . Engine temperature runs cool (198 degrees with a 195 bypass T stat). Headman headers tight fit with heat coat:

Transmission and running gear
NV-4500 Dodge 1 ton 5-speed manual transmission with 0.75 overdrive and 5.61:1 first gear. Dual Toyota transfer cases with two shifters, front input shaft heavier 23 splined for torque. J. P. Eater adapter and 2.28:1 gears front case, 4.1:1 gears rear case. Final crawl ratio is 215:1. Dana 60 rear axle, Moser 1.5 inch 35 spline axles. 4.10:1 Dana gears, ARB air locker, Rear disc brakes with E brake, Long traction bars allow for articulation. Rock sliders are solid and the entire truck can be high lift jacked frome either side. Toyota stock front axle with Tru-Trac gear proportional locker, disc brake upgrade with Land Cruiser vented rotors and 4-Runner big caliper disc brakes. Toyota Land Cruiser brake master cylinder and clutch master cylinder. Custom-made National Springs on all 4 corners. Rancho 9000 5-way adjustable shocks. Front and rear sway bars with quick disconnects. Tires are BF Goodrich 33x12.5x15( tires have 5000 miles on them), Spare is 33x9.50x15(brand new) with 5th matching rim. Firestone Ride-Rite air compressor and small tank with pressure regulator to supply ARB locker and to air up tires(has quick disconnect fittings on frame rail).

Miscellaneous
Renuel custom made front bumper ¼-inch steel and ½-inch mounting. Warn 8000-pound winch with dash control switch.Hella headlamps. Hella Rallye 4000 mounted on bumper, right Corning, left Euro driving. Hella fog lights mounted within bumper(all lights are wired professionally throught factory light switches and are wired through Jacobs electronics headlamp brightners). Hella twin trumpet air horn mounted under bumper. Renuel rear bumper ¼-inch steel and ½-inch mounting. Custom rock skids to protect body between tires. Stock 16 gallon gas tank and 13.5-gallon gravity flow to main tank under the spare tire. Audiovox Electronic Cruise Control. Hand throttle on transmission shifter. Diamond Liner spray in bed liner. The custon red camper shell comes with the truck while the slide in is not on. Has dual Optima batteries mounted in the bed. Has dual marine battery switch so when running the welders or the winch you can use optimal power from alt and both batteries. Truck also has 6 under chassis mounted lights for off road use that are great. Also has anti theft that will only disclose to buyer.

2001 Four Wheel Pop-Up Ranger Model
Ranger model is 8 foot long and sized for pickups with 17-inch height side bed rails.
Camper features
3-Way Refrigerator. 16,000-BTU forced air furnace. 8-foot Fiamma awning. Side awning and back porch lights. Front sliding window. Deadbolt. Arctic Pack insulated liner. 2 roof vents. Front roof vent Fan-Tastic power vent. Shurflo water pump and faucet. 2 burner stove top with cover. 20 lb. LP gas tank with gauge. 12-gallon water tank. Slide out Queen-sized bed. Hella map lights in upper bed. Storage closet. Cable jacks free standing. Camper battery mounted in truck bed. Electronic interior water and battery meter. Wired LED DC volt meter. 300 watt power inverter. Camper outside bottom wood is well-protected with 3 coats of polyurethane floor enamel. Camper is like new.

Here they are lined up and ready to go:

·
Super Moderator
8,561 Posts
You should ditch the GTR and buy a ZR1 or Z06 if you want a more hairy chested kind of car. There are a lot guys on the Corvette forums that ditch the GTRs for ZR1s mentioning the boringness of the car over time as reason for the switch. I love my Z06 even though technically the Mk2 is a faster car. You really have to respect it though since it can bite your head off if your not careful. The only other bummer is it attracts a lot of attention which I don't like. That'd be a pretty sweet looking truck with the camper removed.

·
Registered
828 Posts
Awesome truck. Man, if you got the GTR, I'd ask for a visit. I really want to see what those cars are like. But if they're like you said, I'm sure I would feel the same way.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts