·
Premium Member
4,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #562
Why the suicide cord then?

·
Premium Member
5,932 Posts
I can easily run my entire shed,( when I cut off the grid power from my main house). Then, ALL my of power comes from my panels and my batteries. The house does not see and shed/solar power until I shut down the shed power and PULL the inverter and go back the the grid power. It's a hybrid system.
Sometimes, I can run a few circuits in my shed and still have grid power to run other systems in my shed. Hybrid.
I need to watch the battery voltage, so it does not get too low. I 'll go down to 12.6 V. and go back to grid power.

With my set up, I cannot go away(on vacation) for a few days on solar power ONLY. I still need the grid.
I shut down as many circuits as I can. Yes, I even unplug my computer! I have a small APU for my computer, if the power goes out. I blew a few computers that did not have a back up APC.
Highly and strongly suggested.
My APC for my modem and my wireless router and my other computer is also on (2) back up power supplies, in the house. One of them has a large deep cycle AGM attached.

·
Premium Member
4,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #564
OK, so it's "aux power" for the shed, and frees the shed from being billed when you're running on the solar.

Cool!

·
Premium Member
5,932 Posts
NO! Don't do that.(n)
Suicide cord is only for my shed to run ALL plugs.
A/C included.
House power is separated from shed power, when I trip the GFI in the house..
I'll run all of my shed power today. Tomorrow, too.

561 - 566 of 566 Posts