Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i have done the search and read a lot about what alternator will fit but im still a little confused? im looking for an alternator that i can just drop right in and has the same plug/connector and pulley and with more output. is there such an alternator if so do i have to get it from the dealer or can i pick one up from autozone? thanks for helping me with all my questions im still new to the mk2.
thanks

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
You "done the search and read a lot" but it sounds like you're more than a little confused. You sound like you read about engine swaps trying instead of alt swaps haha.

Searching and Reading usually leave me with answers to the question I started with and maybe new questions...but I don't still be asking the original question...but anyways Read This. It's 7 pages, and even I contributed some, so it answers all your questions unless you DON'T have a 5M or 6M. I bought the Camry alt talked about in the thread from Pepboys and had to hammer the alt slightly to get the lower bolt holes to line up, that's all. Direct fit.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok read all of that thread again and there is a lot of good info in there. i was just confused about the pulley situation. i was not sure if there was an alternator that had the correct pulley already on it?? so i see that there really is not so ill have to find a pulley for it. thanks

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Just ask the guys up here for one. Someone will sell you one, maybe even give you one (MAYBE).

I still have the Camry pulley on my car, I just "fabbed" a belt for it out of the stock Supra belt (amazing what you can do with precision and a box cutter). I would like to get a pulley and new belt, but this "fab" has done fine since March.

·
Registered
5,448 Posts
one suggestion.....stay away from VatoZone, search "sutozone" on here and you will see how bad their alts are.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts