Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In th tsrm it shows 5 non reusable parts. it looks liek 2 of those might come with the fuel pump but the others might not. where would i get these. does anyone have anytips on removing the gas tank? i need to repalce the fuel pump and any help would be great.

jeremy

·
Super Moderator
8,393 Posts
Gas tank is a piece of cake. Unhook the two connectors under the round plate in the trunk. Remove the rubber boot in the gas cap area. Unhook the fuel and return lines in front of the tank. Place a jack with a piece of wood on top under the tank to support it and loosen the two straps. Then lower the tank out of the way. The less gas you have in it makes it much easier to work with. It also helps to have a helper to guide the tank in and out.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
what about those non reusable parts? did you just use the same one again?

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
sorry now that i think about it this should be moved from the ENGINE section. could i get someone to do this.

thanks jeremy

·
Registered
9 Posts
foonanas said:
what about those non reusable parts? did you just use the same one again?
What non-reusable parts? One, I don't have a TSRM. Two, we dropped two tanks on Saturday and swapped the fuel pumps. Used all the parts we took off. :confused:

Didn't use a jack, except to raise the rear end to make it easier to work on. Drain plug on tank came out piece of cake and was very easy to handle when empty.

·
Registered
430 Posts
i definatly dont recommend trying this with gas in the tank I had about a quarter tank of gas when I did my fuel pump change (cigarette anyone)...not to mention that slushing gas makes it very difficult to keep it on a jack and manuver it.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Don't forget to de-pressurize system by pulling the fuel pump fuse and cranking the engine a couple times.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts