Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend sent these to me. The story goes that it was a private "fly in" fishing trip in Alaska. They left some bait in the plane, and a bear got a whiff. This is what happened to the plane while they where off fishing.

The pilot got ahold of a buddy who flew in 2 new tires, some platic sheeting, and a couple of cases of duct tape...

The pilot flew the plane home. Duct tape fixes everything....

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
wtf !!!! that bear must be upset for some reason lol, they should took a pic of the plain in the air.

·
Registered
622 Posts
LOL i was seriously expecting a busted up intake pipe, that is just awesome but I'd be scared to fly in it myself. That is improvising at its best for getting the plane back to where repairs can be made.

·
Registered
386 Posts
The damage wasn't to any of the major control surfaces. The elevators and rear empenage weren't that bad. If you look closely, most of the surface that was destroyed was fabric anyway. As long as the bear did not damage the contol lines or cables, the plane was fine. Growing up, one of our family friends had a plane called the breezy. It was basically a wire frame with fabric covered flying surfaces. I flew in it numerous times. Was a great thrill as a kid, looking down between you feet and seeing the ground a few thousand feet below.

·
Premium Member
1,013 Posts
That is almost as bad as getting a key job on a MKll.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts