Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
794 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Check out my website for details (check my sig for site).

In a nutshell I hit 212.6 rwhp and 268.7lb-ft of torque (crank) at ~6.5psi.

That is 249.6 hp at the crank.

I thought I had shimmed the wastegate for up to 8 psi but I was mistaken.

I am talking to the shop about doing a supra dyno day in the fall. They are all for it. I will have my wastegate shimmed to 9 or 10 psi when I go next time.

Cheers!

·
Registered
794 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Aaron S. Garney said:
Nice! Must be the intercooler, eh? Hee hee.
-Aaron
I tell you what. That intercooler is DA BOMB!

After about 7 pulls I got out and felt the intercooler.

The turbo side you couldnt even touch. The outlet side was just between warm and hot. It is one bitchen intercooler.

I wish I had shimmed the wastegate more.

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
Aaron S. Garney said:
Nice! Must be the intercooler, eh? Hee hee.
-Aaron
Gotta love a guy who pumps up his own product. :roll:

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
Are those A/F numbers correct? Looks lean to me if they are. Nice numbers though, I hope to see boost someday :!:

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
_HOT_M16 said:
...that is a shit-load of torque...

--BillyM
Viva La AutoX!
Word!

Thats sweet!

will (might be up for some dyno time...)

·
Registered
430 Posts
that thing is looking way lean in the same spot mine was. you should tune that thing. your gonna melt pistons otherwize.....but other then that good numbers man. more torque then my car at 9psi...impressive

CRF_Rider said:
Check out my website for details (check my sig for site).

In a nutshell I hit 212.6 rwhp and 268.7lb-ft of torque at ~6.5psi.

That is 249.6 hp at the crank.

I thought I had shimmed the wastegate for up to 8 psi but I was mistaken.

I am talking to the shop about doing a supra dyno day in the fall. They are all for it. I will have my wastegate shimmed to 9 or 10 psi when I go next time.

Cheers!

·
Registered
794 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Interesting. I just modified the SAFC at whatever points the guy told me to. I thought 14 was ideal or is that just for NA cars? What do you guys think the AF should be showing under full throttle?

I know that the exhaust isnt too terribly hot because the O2 sensor is getting hot enough to let my AF gauge read it.

·
Registered
794 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ok, I talked to Doug (the dyno guy).

He said that the sensor he was using was just a sniffer in the pipe and they usually run leaner. It would have been richer if he had used a bung in place of my O2 sensor.

I wanted to keep my O2 sensor in place so I could see if it was working. In hindsight I would have had him put the bung in if I new that was the case.

Ah well. Next time.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Are you using the o2 from the ct-26 housing/elbow or is that plugged and you are using the stock o2 location? 14:1 is WAY lean for our cars turbo. you should be looking to get at minimum like ~12.8 even with the tail pipe. The car will usually run a little bit leaner while driving anyway just do to the airflow to the intercooler alone, so I would shoot for something like 12:1 to be safe.... How did the af2 work out though, even though its lean it looks smooth :lol: Were you seeing any knock at all at the a/f level? Do you have an egt gauge, if so whwat readings were you seeing?

Austin

·
Registered
794 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
MKII Beater:

I am using the CT26 elbow for my O2 sensor. The stock location is no longer there. The stock O2 location is on the colletor and that got tossed when I put on the downpipe.

I know it is not lean. When we had it on the dyno if I set the afc and richer it would run like crap. The guy that runs the dyno knows his stuff. If he says that the reading at the elbow would be leaner I would deferr to his judgment.

I will see how much he would charge me to do a couple runs on it with his wideband on the elbow. I would like to see for myself too.

The SAFCII works really well. Easy to ajust and you can adjust it on the fly. I only used one of the profiles so I can play around with it if I want. Now that I have a baseline I can just copy the setting to the second profile and tweak it a little without worrying about going too lean. I can certanly richen the settings a couple of percent and see if it runs any different but that really wont do me any good without a wideband.

Knock is always around 12 no matter what I do. There is no detonation or ping so I will reset the knock sensor. It very well may be that the knock value is is pretty sensitive so I am not concerend unless the knock value starts climbing.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts