Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's a stupid question, lol.
I always see people talking about how they took thier car to a dyno here and there. So like where can I find out where the nearest dyno would be to me?... and do they cost anything to use or what?
Also what would going to a dyno entail. They just put it on and test it to see what it puts out? or do they tune it slightly or what?
I'm curious as to what exactly my car's numbers would look like.

·
Super Moderator
8,369 Posts
You can find some links to dyno locations here;

http://www.supraforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=60102

Obviously you'll have to pay!!!! You can use your time to tune or you can just throw it on an run it. Some shops you can pay to have them tune it for the right $$$$. Costs can range anywhere from $40-100 1,2, or 3 pulls or anywhere from $75-150+ an hour.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Also, remember that a chassie dyno measures Torque, and Horse Power at the rear wheels, and the auto manufacturers rate Tq & HP at the flywheel. You can expect the dyno numbers to be about 15% lower than the manufacturer's number (assuming the engine is in like new condition).

As an example my Vette is rated at 345HP &350lb/ft of Torque. I had it dyno'ed at about 10,000 miles and it pulled 301.4HP & 315.5 lb/ft. If you add the 15% back in it comes to 346.6HP & 362.8 lb/ft which is about where it should be according to Chevy.

As you make mods, you will want to use the same dyno on subsequent pulls so you can track your progress accurately.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts