Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That o2 mounting location reminds me of Pacesetter...
So that's what there a KO of more or less? Pacesetter I remember was a brand name back in the day, Sorry im still pretty new to the MK2 game I would say $189.99 seems cheap

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I got my set these came in two parts they supposed to be welded?? any of the headers you got the same?

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
I've seen those welded before.. If I had a set I would weld them.

·
Super Moderator
10,354 Posts
Those are OBX, which are a knock off of the Pacesetters, which were pretty cheap headers to start with. Lots of headers come with a slip fitting and in 2 pieces, its done purely to make them more economical to ship and package. I would weld them together (though usually they come with U bolt clamps) and remove the o2 sensor extension, weld a modern bung (or 2 for wideband) on after the final collector, then get them ceramic coated. They will rot out pretty quick otherwise, and the heat they put out without heat shields like the factory pieces is pretty brutal.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
I guess with having to do all that going on the cheap... you get what you pay for lol, thanks for the tips wish I knew this before

·
Registered
2,890 Posts
They suck. I regret buying them. The 'downpipe' doesn't even fit onto the header tail... and worst of all the stud holes don't line up at all. I had a garage clean up all the welds too... it looked like boogers on the inside of the ports.
But this seems to be our only option now days... for the 5/6M.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
They suck. I regret buying them. The 'downpipe' doesn't even fit onto the header tail... and worst of all the stud holes don't line up at all. I had a garage clean up all the welds too... it looked like boogers on the inside of the ports.
But this seems to be our only option now days... for the 5/6M.
so these get even better!!! sheeeesh… lol,

·
Super Moderator
10,354 Posts
The stainless OBX 7mge ones that came out a decade ago or so didn't fit too bad and the weld quality was way better then made in mexico pacesetters. But both have a 2 inch downpipe at the end, which is stock diameter. I would rebuild that piece to 2.5inchs. I did that with my original pacesetters and completed all the welds and ceramic coated them. Still have them, they held up well and made good power.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts