Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I didnt mention this because I didnt want to jinx it. I bid on a JDM triangulated strut tower brace 8) and I just won the auction :D $66.00 plus 25 shipping in US funds. Still only about 140 Canadian. You cant even buy a civic strut tower brace for that price up here and we all know how cheap those are :D. Take a look.

Ebay item # 2418076188.

I know it wont work with a rabid chimp intake so I will have to come up with a two piece with an elbow :roll:

wow first the Racactive filter for less than 40 and now this :)

Unfortunately my search for a hatch had no luck. There was an 85 two weeks ago when I had no money :mad:

-Wil

· Registered
975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have no intentions of turboing this car...but it might get gas one day :twisted: I knew it wasnt a JDM or TRD piece-it has his Ebay name on it :wink: but it will serve my purposes just fine. The price was right and he is in the Toronto area so no customs to pay. I am constructing a two piece intake at the moment and it should clear with no problems. I will let you know how it works. :)

-Wil

· Registered
975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I guess the bottom line is-am I happy with my purchase? Answer is YES :) It will work with my two piece intake, it will improve handling and it is different. I have been dreaming about an LJM bar since they were introduced but I never had the money when the purchases were happening. I knew I would have some car money in June and was watching the latest group purchase with interest but after doing the conversion to Canadian plus shipping and any duties it was still to pricey for me.. I found this one on Ebay with 4 hours remaining and jumped on it. It has nothing to do with the LJM being better or worse..it didnt even enter the equation. I hope they keep on making them until everyone has one.

-Wil

· Registered
975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
UPDATE

Well the deal has gone a little sour. The Ebay ad required payment within 24 hours "or I will be reported to Ebay" So I provided a credit card number right away. I assumed that if they required payment within 24 hours I could expect the same treatment with shipping.
It turns out that he has to make the bar. Two weeks go by and I assume he has taken the payment. He didnt and when He finished the bar he tried to take the money but it wasnt there. Service charges had gone through and there wasnt quite enough to cover it. No problem I put some more in...he had to wait 1 day for that and then 2 business days for it to be deposited. He called said he had the money but that they only ship on Mondays and it is Tuesday so I had to wait. Monday was the 30th of June and Tuesday the 1st was a Holiday and I think they took a 4 day weekend. On thursday I got tracking number. At first all it would say is "invalid" Then it changed to "in transit' Now Today Tuesday the 8th the UPS tracking page says that the package with that number has arrived ib BUffalo!?! I live in Calgary Alberta Canada!!! I tried to call to find out what is going on but got thier machine. I am feeling like I have been scammed. Everything from the start was weird and now this.

I CANT RECOMMEND THESE PEOPLE OR THIS PRODUCT AT THIS TIME

I may have to involve the police and Ebay in this matter if I dont get a response.

· Registered
975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I have only had to report a seller once. Ebay gave me his home number :shock: and one call took care of it all. But I already have the number this time so I dont know what ebays next step is. I am waiting for a response from them and will take it from there.

· Registered
975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
It finally arrived. It only took 7 weeks to get it :roll: It looks nice but the strut nuts dont quite line up :?: I think If I support the car with a jack under the crossmember it might "pull" the towers apart a little. I sure hope so.

· Registered
975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I havent installed it yet. I got caught up in a fibreglass project. I went to buy some bolts for the fire wall mounts. I thought they were half inch but they arent...I think they are 3/8ths. I havent made it back to the hardware store for more bolts yet.

· Registered
975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Mine reaches the firewall but there was a vacuum fitting on top of the intake manifold that was interfering with one of the firewall braces. I rotated the fitting and now the bar clears. 82 was the only year with this valve.

· Registered
975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Yea he demands payment in 24hours but doesnt start building the bar till he has the money. In my opinion if you demand payment that quick then the buyer has the right to expect the same speedy service...IE shipped within a couple of days.
Still havent installed the bar. I have the bolts but when I went to undo the strut nuts one rounded off :pat: So I will have to get a nut buster and hope the threads survive :roll:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.