Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been debating on this, and wanna get a general opinion.

I'm gonna most likely do the MAF conversion this coming weekend. When I do it, I am debating on whether or not to reset the ECU at the same time. My concern it this:

As we proved on Jason's car, the AFM on a stock car (which is what mine is right now, except for a RC filter that is) isn't much of a restriction and the MAF shouldn't be too much of a flow gain by itself with the stock pipes. So, in theory, there really shouldn't be any gain from resetting the ECU in this case. Plus, when I am adjusting the Fuel map, I don't want to be fighting the changes the ECU is trying to make at the same time as I am changing the fuel map.

... BUT, part of me wants to reset the ECU in the off chance that there MIGHT be some gain in doing it...

:?: :?: :?:
General opinion.. reset or no, and the reason you answer the way ya do?

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well, sadly, due to circumstances beyond my control, theres no way I will have time to install this this weekend... Soon as I can tho, it will be in, and I will post the pics and everything else I can on my new domain (thanks Stephen :) ). I'll make a thread on here when I do. Wes, if ya get around to installing it, good luck!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts