Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone i've been watching everyone's posts on CS for quite awhile now and i thought i would reach out and ask for help on the wiring side of things. Basically what i am running is a 1JZ GTE VVTI ETCSI with a drift motion drive by wire delete. I currently have the harness pulled apart and i believe i have just about everything labeled correctly.

First I only have Three coil packs on my 1jz so i was wondering if anyone had information on wiring the three coils with or without the igniter, i've heard you can do both. Or would it be easier for me to run LQ9/LS2 smart coils instead of batched ignition?

I have multiple pinouts such as the jzx110 and the jzs161 which is similar to the jzs171.

The main thing i want to know is what wires are needed to mate the ecumaster emu to the engine harness to make this thing run!!! anyhelp would be appreciated, I have not posted enough to post photos yet but they will be comming soon.

Thanks

·
Registered
3,326 Posts
Use a site like imgur.com to host pics, you'll be there in no time. Honestly your best bet is to email ecumaster those sort of questions, or check a general supra forum that has more cars running 1j's. Ecumaster makes great stuff, and has been great about answering questions for me anyway.

·
Whistles
1,052 Posts
You may get a lot more spark with a sequential ignition setup, but it depends on the coils. The 2J VVTi folks are making over 1000whp on the batch fire stock VVTi coils and wires. The non-vvti GTE coils are best run in sequential. If you run them in batch, it's going to reduce your spark, and you'll need a DLI or equivalent to match them up for that.

I sold my LQ9 coils. There are reports of interference between the coils and the factory cam sensors (blowing up engines). I'm wasn't going to risk it, and I did not want to change over to different type sensors, just to run a coil.

The IGN1A are what the big dogs are using. They are excellent.

I'm still on the 1ZZ coils. They have made over 1000whp on other cars. Been using these for almost a decade now, and they are also excellent.

The main things you need to run any standalone, are pretty standard.

Cam and crank sensors need to be properly hooked up, the TPS, fuel injectors, coils, MAP sensor, AIT sensor, and maybe the O2 depending on how advanced the ECU and tables are. These are the big ones.

Things like coolant sensor, oil pressure sensors, etc, may also need to be hooked up, but again, it depends on the defaults of some ECUs and the protection they offer. Just hook up everything you can, and make a list. It's easy to see what you left off if you do that.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts