Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking of switching from my MSD 6A/BTM setup to EDIS when I go MS... In prep for this, would it be possible to wire up the EDIS module and trigger wheel so that when I put the MS in this part would already be completed. From what I understand EDIS will function in limp mode without a signal from the ECU when its setup properly. I am not talking about driving it around like this, but wiring it up, ensuring that it runs, and then disconnecting the power to it and spark plug wires to it. This way when I go ms, all i have to do is connect the power to it and the TACH/SAW signal wires..

Thoughts?

Also does the EDIS system give a stronger (hotter?) spark then the MSD system?

Would be nice to get rid of the dizzy...

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
.. Ill probably leave the old dizzy on so that my digital dash still gets a tach signal.

·
Registered
511 Posts
It should work but I am not sure if you need jump a spark with the old dizzy to create a feedback signal to keep the stock ECU happy. The EDIS module has a plug that you can remove to keep advance at constant 10 deg. The TACH/SAW signal will not work for our digital dash, you need to wire it up with 3 zener diodes with the coil pack and feed it to the dash tach. The circuit is posted in MS manual somewhere, use 12V zener breakdown voltage instead of 18V if you use 7M coil pack, cost less than $5 at radio shack, beats paying for a MSD tach adapter.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts