Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's my poopra on top of my city. This road is just a windy road through the hills. Gives a great view, especially at night when all the lights are on down in the valley.
picture one

this next one you can see the horrible oxidation on my hood :(.
picture two

this is my first time posting pics up and they're from imagestation. let me know if they turn dead or something as I'm not sure if they do or not.
[edit]fixed the really long links and made them short

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks
The colour is good for one thing, it blends into scenery well! lol.
Never liked it but now the colour is growing on me.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
wow, is that one in your sig? I've never seen another like mine before. I seen a celica that was the lighter colour but that was it. I also have the L-type rims but I put the P's on, and the spoiler. did a sad job at it but cost me 20$, lol. just till I get a new hatch, mines rusted on the back where the holes for the louvers were (I assume they were for louvers). What'd yours have?

sorry if I'm typing incoherently. been up for LONG LONG time, didn't sleep last night, lol.

·
Registered
310 Posts
I have never been a really big fan of the L-types but let me tell u thats a sweet as car u got there. I think its those L-type rims that for me kill the car but those p-type rims make your car look good.

·
Super Moderator
10,546 Posts
ok, theres two Supra Luvas on this forum now isn't there? Whats the exact spelling of the guy with the restored black one? And you guys need different handle names, your confusing us!

Nice Supra though :D

·
Registered
7,111 Posts
SupraFiend said:
ok, theres two Supra Luvas on this forum now isn't there? Whats the exact spelling of the guy with the restored black one? And you guys need different handle names, your confusing us!

Nice Supra though :D
Thats what im talking about, supraa_luva and supra_luva (I think). There are also other similar names surpafiend and racefiend Im starting to confuse screen names now :D :wink:

Supraa_Luva
Thats a cool pic of your car. the Ptype rims and tinted windows really bring the car out in those pics, and it makes it look good too.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks for the comments guys :)
That pic was soon after a wash so the hood is really bad after as it gets whitish :(. If I wipe it down with armour all (yes armour all!, lol) it darkens the oxidation close to the paint colour and lasts till next wash or two.

I didn't know there was a supra_luva already. I've had the yahoo id for a few years now, so I just figured to use it here. Is there a way to change it to save the confusion? or maybe I'll make a sig that stands out.

·
Registered
914 Posts
Supraa_luva

Mine isn't actually an L type. Here in the Uk we only had one spec available at a time. The '83 had the L bodywork, no rear wings, L rims, P interior, analogue dash and 170bhp.

Kris Kanten in CO has got one as well

I agree about the wheels as well. I picked up a set of P types on sunday (thinking of painting them gold!)

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
dang, that's a nice car you got there. One of these days I'll repaint mine.

about the rims the P-types in the back are fine. I have 245's on the back and no problems.
but the fronts are a problem for me. I have 225's on the front and if I hit a dip going faster than like 15mph they scrape.
Might only be due to my really worn shocks/springs though.
Just something to keep in mind.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Supraa_luva said:
If I wipe it down with armour all (yes armour all!, lol) it darkens the oxidation close to the paint colour and lasts till next wash or two.
Well, at least armour all is good for something... Just dont wipe your interior with it! It tends to turn to dust.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts